Chapter 8

As I take each step, I hear heels click against the ground as I get closer to the pub. I see the pub at the corner of the street with a line, of mostly girls waiting to get inside. 

I check the time on my phone and it's pretty late. Ten. I was supposed to be here for nine but I had to get Dean set for the rest of tonight. I'd left some spaghetti for him and set the table. I'd even lined up a couple of beers and the remote ready for the TV. 

He said I'd have to be back before midnight at the latest and if I was late this would never happen again. I still wasn't sure whether I was going to get back to being friends with the boys, but I was here none the less. 

A men stood with a clip-board and I wasn't sure whether my name would be on it. Ashton gave me the address and times, but only said I wouldn't have to wait. I presume my name should be on it. 

"Name?" The tall muscular man grunts. His muscles straining the black shirt that was tucked into his baggy trousers. 

"Demi Sky. I'm not sure whether I'm on there though." I bit down on my lip. I was becoming anxious rapidly, and not because of whether my name was on a list or not. 

"Yea, it is. It's been on here for a month, and when you finally came, they've nearly finished there set." He deep laughs, not sure whether it's with me or at me. I frown. I really wanted to hear them. 

"Oh right." He unclasps the red rope and I make my way inside. The unpleasant smell of body odour and alcohol hits my nostrils, causing me to cough from the horrible smell. 

"You okay?" A rather handsome guy asks from my side, obviously looking for a pair of pants to get into tonight, then leave then in the morning with only a hickey to show for it. 

"Yea" I ignore him hoping he will get the hint as I walk further into the pub. I hear a load voice through the speakers. My smile increases as I realize it's Calum.  

The song Teenage Dirtbag and I can't help but hum along. I weave through the sweaty bodies until I'm pressed against the wall a few metres away from the stage. 

I look at each member at a time. Calum singing along, strumming his bass while the lyrics fall from his mouth effortlessly. Ashton sat on his drum kit, muscles flexing as extends his arms then slams them down on the drum kit. Michael tilting his head as fingers are moving so fast it would make you dizzy if you stared for too long. Then there was Luke. 

Luke stood in the middle. His blonde hair pushed slightly upwards to the left. Wearing a 'pugs not drugs' shirt with his usual black skinny jeans with a hole at the knee. The odd shirt a good change from the usual buttoned up shirt I'd grown used to over the past month. His tongue slightly between his lips as his pick runs over the strings. His long fingers pressing down on the strings causing the pads of his fingers to be flat against the guitar's neck. 

Then his mouth opens. 

"Cuz I'm just a teenage dirtbad baby

Yeah I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby

Listen to Iron Maiden maybe, with me? 

ooohhooo" 

His voice causing goosebumps to arise on my skin's surface. His voice angelic. His neck strained as it stretchs as he belt out the lyrics. I press my back flat against the wall and fold my arms as coldness hits my body. 

My eyes don't tear themselves off Luke. As his mouth opens and closes as his voice fills the room. 

"Her boyfriends a dick