Chapter 24

A ring is pushed on my finger and I finally pull my eyes away from the door. I look into Dean's cold eyes and down to the massive rock on my finger. Dean's lips press against mine and I kiss back till he pulls away. He entwines my ringed hand with his and raises it in the air as the crowd cheers.

My mind seems to have stopped working and I don't feel like I'm functioning properly. I've just agreed to marry Dean when I was planning to leave him.

My eyes meet with Ashton's and he looks away. A disappointed frown is on his face and I don't even glance at Michael's as I know his is much worse. Michael and Ashton knew almost everything about the way we felt about each other and they've just watched me say yes to another man.

My hand is pulled away from Dean's when his friends pull him off as they now have even more of an excuse to get drunk. I can't move and my eyes move back to the door. It doesn't open and I'm not sure if I want it to.

I push through the crowd and ignore the congratulations from the strangers around me. I make it to the door and pull it open. I search the lawn and the sidewalk for any sight of his blonde hair but have not luck.

I finally give up after at least half an hour of searching when I know he's gone. I sit on the stone step as push my knees to the side to let any late comers into the house; they've already missed the show.

Maybe this is how everything is supposed to be? Maybe I'm not supposed to leave, but not be with Luke either?

Maybe this is Dean's way of telling me he's changed?

Every girls dream is for a handsome man to ask them to marry them with a massive diamond and maybe Dean is the man, and not Luke. He hasn't hit me in longer than he ever has before and maybe once we get married, he'll go back to the way when we first met.

Maybe this is fates way of telling me I'm not destined to be with Luke? That I don't have to leave? I don't want to and maybe this is fates way of telling me not to.

Luke deserves better than me and if I stay, I can make sure I find someone worthy of his love and time.

I spin the ring round my finger and stand. I walk back into the house in search of Ashton, to tell him that I'm staying with Dean for real this time.

I search for him but find him talking to Dean.

He's going to tell him. He's going to hurt me, Luke.

I walk over and stand behind them, listening in so I'll know if I need to run.

"Engaged huh?" Ashton says and I can tell if he congrats Dean, it will be forced.

"I know right! I've been waiting for a while to ask and my mum has wanted us to get married for ages. Anyway, just imagine the amount of sex we'll have on our honeymoon!" Dean squeals the last bit and I nearly throw up.

To think I was changing my mind! I can't believe I had thought those things before! He'll never change, he's a monster, he is and always will be a monster!

I knew he wasn't marrying me to show he was serious or wanting to stay with me and spent the rest of our lives together! He just wanted the sex whenever he wanted, a ring to show I'm his and only his!

Why was I so stupid?!

I practically run to Dean's car and am thankful he gave me the keys. I guess it looks like he's staying there for tonight!

I go over the speed limit as I almost press my foot flat to the floor. Luke had watched me agree to marry Dean and now he'll hate me!

I'm such a bitch and now I'm driving as quick as I can to grab my bags and leave. I guess now Luke will just be angry at me and won't be upset that I'll be gone.