Chapter 41

I can’t get enough of his lips. I want to touch them all day and use them as a beautiful escape of my shitty life.

I know my life isn’t incredibly bad and I know people get it way worst, but I just hate how when things start to go the right and happy way, lightning strikes and I’m tumbling to the ground again.

But I’m loved by many, I remind myself.

I have a beautiful daughter, friends and Luke. Even now, I forget about my tragic life that could be so much simpler and fill my thoughts with the emotions Luke is pushing into me through his lips.

I pull away as oxygen is struggling to enter my lungs and I need to catch my breath; I’ve still not recovered completely, but I’m not massively far from my normal. His presses his forehead against mine while I breath heavily while his are quite calm, him not needing air as much as me.

“You okay?” I can see a flash of panic behind his eyes, but can’t he see me grinning? Of course I am okay, more than okay.

I nod and peck his lips.

He moves so he can put an arm around my shoulders so I can fold into his side. His warmth instantly heats up my rather cold body from not getting used to the British cold weather.

We keep quiet as we both watch the dirty water filled with stuff I don’t want to know reflect our blurry image. I look happy despite my blotchy red face, baggy clothing and tired eyes. Luke’s image erupts this feeling deep within me that doesn’t appear often, but is much stronger when I look up at the real image.

His fingers sprawl out onto his thigh as he looks into my eyes as an invitation to join them. I place my much smaller hand in line with his palm and let him overlap his fingers over the back of my hand. I lean my head back on his shoulder and listen to him breathe so calmly that it relaxes my every muscle. I close my eyes and focus on the sound of the nature and Luke’s company.

I feel a nudge on my shoulder causing my eyes to open into slits. They connect with a red coat with large black buttons down the middle. They trail upwards, hitting a familiar warm face, one that’s aged over the years, but still owns the same eyes that would bore into mine when I’d sneak in through the back door hours after my curfew.

“Mum” I gasp as quick tears gather in my eyes. I feel Luke shift from holding me as he lets me jumps to my feet and wrap my arms around my mother’s neck.

“Hey baby, I’m so sorry sweetheart. I love you so much” She cries apologies into my neck as her arms tighten around my waist. I don’t care about any of the apologies, just that she’s here.

“No I’m sorry!” I cry back. I’ve cried a lot recently but not many have been happy tears, so I like the happiness these tears bring rather than sadness.

We pull apart and she looks at a grinning Luke, then back at me. “You both are very lucky to have each other. It’s all thanks to him that I’m here”

“I’m the luckiest girl in the world! I’m so thankful Luke”

“Anything for you” his lips pull into a goofy half smile.

-

After a very long while, we part ways with my mother. I caught up on what’s going on in my family, and she caught up with the small things Luke hadn’t told her; yeah he told me about him seeing her, talking about our relationship, and the few visits she did while I was unconscious; I’m not surprised there were only a few as she’s always worked a lot for her money; something I haven’t missed.

I told her about Lucy and she cried as she listened about the points in my daughter’s life that bring me joy with every memory; I didn’t miss to notice Luke’s sad and thoughtful looks as if he wishes he was part of the memories.