Chapter 31

I leave the flat and ignore everyone's confused expressions. I leave Ashton to tell them I'm coming with them, and leave him to explain why I am without telling the truth.

Even after all this time, I can't bare for the only people I trust, to know the truth about what really happened.

I know I should but I don't want them to feel worse. I don't want them to feel guilt for not stopping it. I know how Ashton felt after he found out and I can't watch their three faces to show the same pitied expression.

I call Joe as soon as I've got past the group of girls. I explain I need him to pick me up, he agrees after he moans about how Luke should. I rub my eyes with my fists and curse at the black stains that smear all over them.

I try my best to get rid of the black mascara under my eyes and on my hands but fail, and make it worse. I give up and flip off any passing stranger who stares for too long.

Joe's car pulls up and his happy smile turns into a sympathetic one. "What happened now?" He raises a eyebrow and I plan to wax them off in his sleep.

"I have to go back to England to tell Chloe" I choke out and I break into a loud sob.

"Tell her what?" Joe rubs my back as I lean forward, placing my wet face into my cold hands.

"She's with Dean, Joe! She's with him!" I tug my hair into balls in my fist. I should have never let this happen.

"What's wrong with that Demi? Do you still like him?" He questions and I shoot up.

"No! God no! He used to hurt me Joe! He's going to hurt her if he hasn't already! She might not be able to leave the way I did!"

I rub my face and when my eyes reopen, realisation flashes across Joe's face in the same way it did Ashton's.

"Demi, why?" His body tenses and I notice his fists clench.

"I don't know Joe. I have to go and stop her from staying with him. I can't live with the fact he might be hitting her right now" my sobs become louder and I bring my knees up to my chest.

"Has mummy been listening to those boys again?" My daughters voice squeaks from the back seat.

"I'm fine baby. Mummy is upset at the moment." I compose my sobs for that sentence then continue to cry.

I feel so bad for doing this in front of my daughter, who should never see her mother cry other than on her wedding day and graduation.

Once again, Dean has taken his girlfriend from their familiarity. I had spent all my life in England, to be taken to a place that I'd only seen in movies. I'd been taken to a place where I knew no one and he's done the same with Chloe.

When you only know one person, you have to rely on them and Dean isn't the person anyone should rely on.

-

Ashton must have told the boys I wanted to visit my hometown as they don't question my sudden need to go back.

Joe has barely spoke to me without saying sorry and spent all his attention to Lucy. Joe insisted I went as he doesn't want Chloe to continue another day with Dean.

As a mother, leaving my daughter was the hardest thing to do. It's only going to be a week but I have never been away from her for a day, never mind a week.

I told Joe I'd face time them both at least once a day and he has to make sure when I get back, there won't be a mark as small as a paper cut upon her.

I drag my suitcase through the airport I'd only done one time before, with Dean. That time consisted of crying and wishing I'd never set foot on that plane.

Calum sees me first and gives me a quick hug. I miss the smell of his aftershave that all the boys used; the smell will always be my favourite.

I'm engulfed in a hug by each of them and I guess fate always brings me to them. I always knew I was going to go back to Melbourne, but somehow I end up going on 'holiday' with them.

"Ready to go?" Luke grins and I ignore how good he looks in his casual wear. His skin tight jeans adore his legs, the singlet showing off his evolving arms and the smile that seems to be permanently hung across his lips make him looks like something out of a catalogue.

I nod and I almost flinch at his warm hand placed on the small of my back. I shake the intense burn that spreads throughout my body and continue to walk.

We make it on the plane and am not surprised when mine and Luke's seats are beside each other.

Ashton gives me a weary look and I mouth 'I've got everything worked out'.

The thing is, I've only spoken to Ashton with the other boys present so I've not been able to speak to him about how we're going to speak to Chloe.

I decide to do it alone as I'm not sure if Ashton and Chloe would fight if I brought him along, I can't bring one of the others when they don't even know, and I think it will be easier for me to tell her all of the horrible things Dean has done.

I sit next to the window and Luke sit next to me. I scroll through my phone for a game to play for practically a full day of being on a plane.

Luke taps me on the thigh and I turn to face him. "Wanna watch The Hobbit with me?" He asks and I nod. He hands me one of the ear buds and laughs when I have to hold it in because I have really small ear holes.

Soon enough, I fall asleep with my head on Luke's shoulder.

I can hear his whispers in my ear as I slightly stir from my deep sleep. "Demi"

I open one eye and look into his blue eyes only centimetres from mine. "They're bringing food round and you haven't eaten for a while, I'd get something" he smiles and I sit up.

I look out of the window down to the ocean. It always looks so peaceful, even though beneath is fish fighting for survival by brutally killing each other.

I feel Luke's chair move and I turn back over to him. "Where you going?" I ask and pull my hair into a high ponytail.

"I've been holding this pee in for hours while you slept and I'm using this time you're awake to my advantage" He smiles. Michael chuckles beside him and moves his legs to allow Luke's to climb to the loo.

Luke forces me to eat all the dreadful rubbery food. The air hostess gets annoyed at Michael, who seems to have taken a liking in the women who is 'happily married with two kids'.

I text Joe when Luke isn't looking. Joe likes to play a hilarious joke of saying Lucy fell down the stairs; one I wish I wasn't millions of miles away to strangle him.

Luke and I watch movie after movie and receive many irritated remarks at our laughing, and my snorting.

Suddenly the plane begins to descend and I gulp down all the horrible feelings that arise in my stomach, either those or the mash I ate earlier.

"We're here Demi! How does it feel to finally be back in England?" Luke asks from beside me as the plane stops at a halt.

"Great" I answer sarcastically.

______________

Joe knows guys! They still don't! They are all in England!

What do you guys think about Chloe and Dean?

Please please vote and comment!

Two updates in one day!!!!

Love ya xx

Emz xx