Chapter 17

For the first time it was Demi chasing me and not the other way round.

I didn't like it this way though. No matter how much I wish it was the other way round, me chasing her, I know I can't give in.

If I gave in, it would got back to how it was before where I didn't know where I stood in this 'relationship' and have to fight with another guy for her attention. 

On her part, it's rather selfish, that she's still with him, leading him on, and then telling me she's going to leave him, leading me on, just so she can have both of us.

I don't know that for sure but I know for sure that if she only wanted me, she would have left him already. There isn't anything big enough to stop her so her staying with him, knowing that, hurts me even more.

The camping trip starts on Monday and I'm dreading it for when it comes. I told Demi she has to choose between me and Dean by then and I still have no answer.

I know it's mean that I'm making her choose, but I can't live any longer playing her game.

It's Friday now and it's been almost a week since I told her she had to choose. It's the last day of school before it's the weekend before the trip and she hasn't answered my ultimatum. 

Everyday she's came up to me and tried to get me to speak to her. Each time I've just ignored her.

She keeps saying how she wants to be with me, is sorry and will leave him eventually, but none give me the answer I want.

I just repeatedly say "who, Dems?" to her but each time she avoids the answer.

Each time she does it's like a punch in the stomach because I know what that means.

I try to style my hair to at least look presentable but have no luck. My skin is barely one tone and I look like I've haven't slept in months. My lips are chapped and I feel like if I don't smile soon, I will never smile again.

I give in as it doesn't look good enough to get me any luck with the ladies.

Well it looks like I maze well go find some random girl as the one I want is with another guy. 

How cliché is my life? 

Girl is stuck between picking between the perfect sporty guy and the lanky dorky guy who writes songs in his spare time.

And we all know that the fit guy always gets the girl. 

And Dean definitely has big muscles; probably from fucking Demi against their flat wall. 

That's the thing, every time I go into their flat, my mind just wonders if they fucked on the counter, the couch or against the door. Did they have sex last night? Did she scream his name and tells him how much she loves him? 

While I'm here a fucking virgin, wishing up different ways we could hang out and to get her to fall in love with me.

I walk up the school gates and straight to my locker. Michael appears at the side of me while I gather the books I need, even though I already know that whatever a teacher says, will go in one ear and out the other.

"Talked to Demi yet?" He asks the same question he's asked every day this week.

"Nope, and yet again she's still with him" I groan. I'm surprised the guys haven't just left me alone as I'm the worst company to be around lately. 

"Ugh, why don't you just talk to her Luke? Have you seen her? She looks even worse than you, and I've never seen that deep of a shade of purple before in my life," he motions to under my eyes.