Seventy-One

"I literally suck at this." I chuckle leaning my head on Mike's shoulder.

"I'm b-back." We all turn towards who said it. His hair a dark dark brown. Almost black.

"Wow, Billiam." Richie chuckles. "You uh...you look nice," I mumble as my
face turns a bright red.

"Thanks..." he sits beside me, staring at the screen. "Th-thanks for doing t-this." I nod, pressing the buttons to play the game. Mostly trying to distract myself from his looks.

His hand grips my shoulder, looking down at the controller. "I suck. I know." I chuckle lightly. He laughs along.

Soon he leans his head on my shoulder. "I'll be back," he whispers. "Where are you going?" "To e-eat." He stands up. "I'll go with it." I hand the controller to Ben.

"Oooh." "Shut up Richie." Eddie mumbles.

"Where are we gonna go?" "I don't know...there's s-some type of diner up here." I nod, keeping a distance from him so it doesn't seem weird.

I wanna get closer.

"Denbrough. Hey man." Someone shouts across the street. "Who is it?" "Patrick." He whispers stopping in his tracks, I bump into his shoulder.

Patrick reaches into his pocket, a metal sound startles me. "It's a knife....c-come on." Grabbing my hand we start to run.

For some reason, this is funny to me.

I start to laugh and grin.

Bill looks back, grinning.

----

"S-Shit...well. We're here." He breathes heavily. We walk into the diner, sitting at a booth in the corner.

"How many times have you done that in the past two years?" "A-about four? No six m-maybe?" I gasp as he grins.

"Be careful." I chuckle letting go of his hand.

His hand.

Our hands connected over the table.

I let go of it.

I held it all the way up to this moment.

Wow. I missed that.