Fifty-Eight

"Is S-Stanley okay?" Bill pulls away from the hug. "He's fine. Just a nose bleed." Richie pulls him back. Richie being only a couple of inches taller than Bill, it works.

"You need to calm down before going back in there. Georgie is back in the living room." "Richie
p-please." Richie takes a breath before letting Bill go.

"Stanley? W-where is he?" Ben points to the bathroom, keeping Georgie occupied.

He knocks softly, seeing a smudge of blood on the trimming of the door. "S-Stan? Can I come in?" "No..." he whispers softly, his breathing hitching.

"I'm s-sorry...are you okay?" He opens the door with ease. Guessing Stanley forgot to lock it.

He sits in the tub, no water, and fully dressed. Holding paper towels on his nose. His eyes red from tears.

"I-I'm sorry..." he goes to reach for the boy. He blocks his face with his arms easily.

He's scared.

"Stanley?" The boy glances up slowly, his breathing starting to slow.

"H-Here." Bill reaches down, sitting with him in the tub.

He whimpers, trying to get farther away from the boy in the tiny space they have.

"Hold on..." pulling the paper towels down he wipes the boy's chin and lips off with a wet towel.

He runs his thumb over the boy's bottom lip. Stanley pulls his head back slightly, flinching.

"I'm sorry...I really am." Stanley blinks a couple of times before standing up and leaving the bathroom.

"Bill?" A voice surprises him. "What happened?" Eddie stands with a blanket around his back, his nose, and cheeks red.

"My d-dad...I accidentally hit Stanley again. H-He's scared of me now...fuck."

Stanley listens from a distance...frowning.

"I'm sorry...maybe the problem will be fixed over time." He sneezes. "I guess." Bill walks out of the bathroom.

"Come on Georgie... let's go h-home." He whispers in the boy's ear. "Aw...okay." Mike checks the time after hearing what Bill said.

5:07 pm.

"Billy? Why was Stanley bleeding today?" "I accidentally hit him...again. I d-didn't mean to." "Oh..."

"The other question you asked earlier. I would do the same..."

Georgie smiles before sitting his plate on the coffee table. Leaning into Bill's side as they watch a movie.