Twenty-Seven

His safe place. The only place he would go while his parents argued.

The kissing bridge.

Where he wrote 'R+E' the first time Richie and Eddie hung out together. He wasn't sure if Eddie was gay or not. He had a panic attack because of it and came down here. Carving the initials. It seems like it would be a bad idea to do that. But it calmed his nerves pretty quickly.

Now he sits down, in the rain, worrying if his best friend's brother is gonna make it.

On the other hand, Stanley sits in the living room, figuring out his nose is broken. His curls sticking to his head, so does his clothes. Except blood running down his nose, to his neck and down to his shirt. Stanley absolutely hates getting anything on his shirt. This is ten times worse.

Ben sits against the wall with Eddie as the two try to call him. "Please pick up please pick up...FUCK!" He yells throwing his phone. "It's okay, we'll find him." "How do you know that Ben? He could be anywhere across Derry. He could even be out of Derry by now."

Ben pulls the boy into a hug. At first, he tries to pull away, soon melting into it. Sobbing too.

"Is h-he okay?" "Yes. He's breathing again. Are you his guardian?" "B-basically...I'm his brother." "Okay. We're gonna take him to the hospital. She'll take your number and we'll call you." "W-Wait...can I n-not go with him?" "No sir. Not enough room. We apologize. You can meet us down there." The lady smiles before putting Georgie into the back of the ambulance and getting in herself.

"F-Fucking h-h-hell." Bill grips his hair and walks away. Going into the house. "G-Guys they're t-taking G-Georgie." Everyone lets out a breath. Stanley curls up into a ball in the corner of the couch, gripping at his hurt where the blood is.

"Richie ran out...I'm gonna go find him." "I'll go too." Eddie and Beverly walkout, getting into Richies car to drive around.

"St-Stanley?" Bill sits down silently. The boy flinches as he rests his chin on his hand, he stares out of the window. "I'm s-sorry...please f-forgive me." Without moving his head Stanley looks at the boy, and right back to the window.

"B-babe?" Bill chuckles silently. "No...I'm not 'with' you anymore." "Oh, o-okay..." Bill sighs, resting his head on Stanley's side.