Twenty

My arms wrap around his bare waist. Bill pats his back. "Come o-on rich. Let's g-go home."

His tears slowly stopped on the way home. Small distractions stopping them easily. Getting back to his place we all decided to change and go into Richie's room. Getting our stuff from Beverly's before.

"Richie?" "Hmm?" He scrolls through social media as I gently brush through his hair. He sits on the floor, Bill sits on a spinny chair.

"Why were you crying?" He sighs, leaning completely back where his head can rest on my lap. "The conversation we had..."

*Earlier*
The two whisper at each other putting their foreheads together. Eddie's small hand rests on Richie's cheek.

"How long have you liked me?" "I don't know. Since you offered me your number. Maybe?" "Ah okay... Wait I didn't offer it..." the boy smirks slightly before leaning in.

Their lips softly come together.

"Eddie?" "Yeah?" The smaller boy bites his lip slightly. "Do you like me?" "No...why?" Richie looks away.

"And you kissed me just now?" "Yeah, rich?" "So you decided to kiss me, and not return the feelings?" "I-I guess."

Richie's shoulders tense up quickly. Tears weld up in Richie's eyes quickly.

*End of Flashback*

"So h-he decided to k-kiss you and not r-return the feelings?" "Pretty much." Richie still continues to look up at me. My hands cup his face.

A small, the tiniest bit. The least amount to the point where you can't tell, of unhappiness or spite, glimmers in Bill's eyes...I think?

My fingers go through Richies wet hair. A small smile appears. "We sh-should watch a m-m-movie." Glancing up, Bill's brows relax from a furrow.

"What movie?" A small knock at the door startled us. "It's Mike. We wanna hang out if it's okay." Mike opens the bedroom door.

"Who's a-all here?" "Just the other three. Ben Beverly and Eddie." Richie grips my hand that cups his cheek.

I look down at him. He avoids eye contact. I give him a "Are you sure." look. He returns one. "I'll be okay."

I let go of his face and he sits beside me, putting his head on my shoulder. "We decided w-we want to w-watch a movie."

"Oh cool...wanna make popcorn rich?" His eyes open widely, everyone knows he enjoys making popcorn. He jumps up and runs through the hall, running into each wall on the way. Mike smiles and walks away.

"Stanley?" "Yeah?" "Do you like Richie?" "Oh god no...not to be rude. No, I don't. He's a very good friend. Why do you ask?" "I-I don't know. The w-way you look at him I g-guess." I notice his stutter.

He only stutters when he's upset, mad, or nervous.

"What's wrong?" "What d-do you mean?" I tilt my head slightly. "You're stuttering. You only do it wh-" "When I'm nervous, upset or m-mad. I know..." he sighs, playing with the string handing off of his shirt.