Twenty-One

"So why are you nervous, upset, or mad?" "I'm n-not." "Bill tell me. You're my pretend boyfriend right?" I nudge his shoulder narrowly. He smiles.

"I wish I could tell you...but I don't know either." I nod my head. Clenching his hand I usher him to the living room. Where Eddie sits snugged tightly on the nook of the couch.

Richie laughs loudly at whatever Mike had said, frightening Eddie from his thoughts. Bill directs me to the couch where we can sit, he tugs my legs over the top of his.

"How are the two love birds going?" Ben smiles sweetly. "Oh, h-hush Ben. We've become f-friends I guess." "Wow, went from loathing each other for no purpose to becoming friends." Beverly pats Ben's back.

"I have popcorn." Richie smiles brightly, his eyes closed. "I
w-want some." Richie hands it to me, I sit it on my lap. "Eddie, you want some?" Eddie shakes his head slightly. Richie frowns the tiniest bit.

"We should watch Wall-E!" Richie basically tells, making everyone tense up. "Did you have to yell it?" "Yes, Staniel I did. I've waited to say that all night." Richie flips his hair, which is almost to his shoulders already.

"Why am I friends with him? I don't know." Richie thumps my forehead. "Ow." Bill smiles, running his thumb over the place where Richie thumped me.

"Don't touch my pretend boyfriend." Beverly squeals at the words coming from the boy's mouth.

Richie smirks. "I'm just saying if you two actually get together I deserve to be the flower girl at the wedding." "Sure whatever makes you happy."

Ben's hand goes over Beverly's mouth. "What's she's about to say is 'You didn't disagree with being together for that long'" Beverly nods her head quickly.

Bill rolls his eyes. "Who knows." He mumbles, rapidly stuffing his face with popcorn. I grin at his comment to Ben.

We all laugh at Richies face, he had been silent since Bill had ran his thumb over my forehead.