Thirty-Six

Last class before lunch Eddie can sense the nervousness. "Why are you so nervous?" "Oh...I don't know." "The dare?" "No...I'm completely fine with the date ending.

Lies

"Listen Stan. I've known you for a bit, and can tell when you lie." I furrow my brows.

"Your posture becomes terrible, you bounce your leg, everything around you becomes unorganized. And you say you're fine. You never say that." "Yes I do...and I'm fine. You don't know what you're talking about."

Eddie chuckles. "Yes, I do Stan. Promise me." I lay my head on my hands. "I literally said I'm in love with him the other day. I don't know what to do." I gaze at him. Bill sits near a girl, they laugh as the teacher pays no mind to what's happening.

"He doesn't feel the same way, Eddie." "I'm pretty sure he would. I've known him for the longest time." He tilts his head.

"You can tell he loves you back." Ben twists around in his seat. He sits in front of me. "Thanks, Ben. But how? I haven't picked up on it." Mike chuckles behind Eddie. "Watch this."

Mike chuckles loudly. Bill brings about no move. "Shut up, Eddie." No movement. "Stanley no." Bills head slightly turns, he begins to listen. "Well shit Mike." Bill turns back to talk to the girl.

"See I told you." "But that's only one thing. That's just him paying awareness to my name being called." Eddie pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Yeah. When you hear someone's name you love. Your attention falls on them." "Well explain why Richie turned around when we said 'Eddie No.'" he furrows his brows.

"We're best friends Stanley. It seems reasonable." "Then why would he turn around to my name then?!" I raise my voice the tiniest bit, Bill turns around and chuckles. "I hate you." "You know you love me." I cross my arms, Eddies head rests on my shoulder.

"You know you two started dating last night." Eddie creases his brows narrowly. "No....no we didn't. I would've remembered." "You were high last night Eddie. You, Bill Richie and Beverly." Eddies eyes widen.

"Richie?" His Hess snaps around quickly, giving attention to the hint of trouble in Eddies voice. "Yes, Eds?" He squats beside Eddies desk. "Do you recall anything from last night?" "Nope. Was drunk as a skunk. And very very high." "Oh okay." "Why do you ask?" "No reason."

Eddie ruffles the boy's hair before he walks away.

"We both were sober. You two did start dating." "Ben you know I love you. But sometimes you get on my nerves." We all chuckle, in the coned of my eyes I can see Bill.

Bill smiles at us four. Looking away once my eyes meet his.