Thirty-Nine

"Richie if you try to touch my nose one more time I'm gonna drown you." "Fine." He groans.

Out of the seven, only three of us remain. Eddie decided to leave with Mike. Of course Ben and Beverly, they planned a sleepover anyway.

"I uh...I never would've thought Eddie would like me back..." Richie whispers, slightly interrupting my conversation with Bill.

"I'm pretty sure he's liked you since you two met. That was years ago."

It's true. Our two friend groups met about two years ago. Since Bill and I didn't like each other at the time, we never thought of combining the two groups.

"He did call you cute like bright after you left my house the first time y-you met him. And yes I'm fine. It c-comes back sometimes." He could sense my worry. Most likely from my thumb going over his collar bone.

I lay against his back. The water had gone up to my ears. With Richie and Bill being the lankiest, one of them decided to put me on their back.

"He did?" His voice turning from a dull to a radiant sound. "Yeah...he's love-struck," I whisper into Bill's ear.

Once again. His giggle contagious and sweet to the ear.

"I'm gonna go home. Wanna walk with me?" "Sure." Bill nods, making his way out of the water he doesn't let me down. Richie grabs my stuff, we proceed to walk home.

"You're very light." Bill chuckles. At this point, Richie had gotten distracted, Eddie decided to FaceTime him until he gets home.

Eddie props his phone up as he lays snuggled under the cover.

His contact name being: Babe💕

"Bye guys. See you tomorrow." Eddie yells bye before Richie walks away.

"You realize you can let me down if you want." "Nah I'm fine. I like carrying you." "Why?" "Because I can do this."

He twirls around, making me laugh.

"That was fucking cute." You can hear Richie say from a handful away. "He's literally so dumb." He nods as we resume to roam until getting to my house.

"Here you are Stan the Man." "Not you too. What did Richie do to you?!" He grins, his cheeks become a light tint of pink under the porch light.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Or whenever we can hang out." He nods before taking a breath. "Are you okay?" "Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired. I'll see you tomorrow." He hugs me before I open the door and walk into the house.

Once closing it I rest my back against the door. Biting my lip the tiniest bit.

It's normal for Bill to hug someone before leaving that person's house. It just feels different this time.

*Bill's POV*
I sigh before hugging him. He smiles before walking into the house.

I wedge the note in his door before walking away.

---------------------------------------------
Gn y'all. I'll update when I wake up, and after I read a bit of a book I have to read for school (my school resumes this month)