Thirty-Four

Yes. I yelled. I sobbed, I worried. I simply yelled to not tell him.

Multiple texts coming from him. Multiple calls coming from him.
Multiple knocks on my window coming from him.

"S-Stanley open the window, please. I've b-b-been worried." Two small clicks startle him as he climbs inside of my slight sunlit room.

Tackling me with a hug.

"P-please don't e-ever do that a-again." "What?" My voice hoarse.

My arms only able to reach on his sides. We sway side to side. "Last night. T-the only thing I
r-remember is y-you crying...and t-then leavening...w-why?" His voice full of worry.

"Personal reasons, don't wanna talk about them." He slightly purses his lips together while looking at me.

"F-Fine. Your alarm is about to go off. Let's get ready for school." Him of all people to know when my alarm goes off. Walking off he closes the door.

Why? Why of all things to remember, his mind chooses to remember the worse part of that night.

My morning routine finished as I wash the plate off. "Come on. Everyone is waiting outside." His voice and movements surprising me. His movements towards me.

His movements spark something inside my mind. Sparking joy, confusion, outrage, despair, and many emotions at the same time.

His movements he decides to make towards me. No, not towards me and another mind.

Only me.

His only movement at the moment is laying his chin on my shoulder. His breathing tickling my neck ever so slightly.

His fingers intertwined with mine as the seven minds that keep each other's company walks into school. His smile bright as other students laugh loudly at whatever. His laughter almost contagious, almost.

Almost.

Too perfect to share but too perfect to let alone.

His outfit choice-making other students stare in awe. A simple white t-shirt and blue jeans. Classic high top converse as he wears one of his dad's old football jackets. A faded red one with his number on the lower parts of the shoulder.

Girls whisper left to right as Richie laughs and grips his free hand, they both laugh loudly as something most likely obscure.

Raising our hands people look away, flustered with confusion and jealousy.

My outfit simple. A baby blue sweater with a white collar at the top, simple pants. Worn out, but clean slip-on.

One person stops us seven as we bundle up to take a photo. He slips behind me, laying his head on mine as my back curves. I laugh mid picture.

Making every imperfection that we as a friend group has caused, perfect in the eyes of our friend group.

His arms slither around my shoulders as he sways is back and forth. I giggle as the rest of the losers watch, laughing too.

"Bro you look sick. When did you do that?" "Last night." He chuckles as a boy grips his hand, slightly doing a hug. "You do look hot." A girl lightly allows her hand to go through his hair.

I get pulled closer as his arm goes behind me. "Oh...whatever." she rolls her eyes before walking away. "It does suit you, man." Mike high fives the boy. Ben nods as Beverly snuggles slightly into his side.

"It was a late-night decision. Don't regret it one bit." We all laugh, students around us wishing to have such a imperfect but perfect friend group.

"I should do that shouldn't I Eddie? I would look hot." The smaller one quickly shakes his head no.

You've probably guessed right.

He's my blond boy now.