Still A Softie

Parker’s Pov.
I walked up the steps and into the house that hopefully we can still live in.

“Dollars?” Carl exclaimed as I walked in.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“Fiona might be able to get a bank loan” Ian explained.

“No shit” I smiled sitting down “Someone’s willing to give us 100 grand?”

“Yeah” Fiona nodded.

“Why didn’t we do this years ago?” I asked.

“The bank doesn’t just give you money. They actually buy the house and let you live in it, until you pay back the loan. With interest” Sean explained.

“A ha” I nodded, not understanding really. 

I was never that smart really.

“Or not” Ian added.

“We need a down payment of $3,500, and we need it like, now” Fiona explained.

“I got a couple hundred” I told her.

“Yeah, me too” Ian added.

“Okay. We can pawn the T.V” she reasoned.

“You’ll get $50” Sean grumbled.

“We’re brainstorming,” she countered.

“Three and a half G’s? Shit, I got you covered” Carl spoke up, taking a huge wad of money from his pocket? “What do you want? You want hundies or small bills?” He asked.

“You just got out of juvie and you have $3,000?” Fiona questioned.

“Right” Carl nodded.

We all just stared at each other in confusion.

“No” Fiona shook her head.

“What, you don’t believe me?” Carl asked.

“No I believe you. I just don’t want the state seizing our house cause we bought it with drug money, or whatever it is that you’re into lately” she exclaimed.

“Let’s not be hasty” Dad came out of nowhere.

“You are not part of the conversation, Frank” Fiona instantly stopped him.

“This was my house long before any of you had claim to it” he reminded “Not legally, but every other way. The point is, we’re Gallaghers. If Carl wants to step up-

“No” Fiona cut him off.

“I actually agree with him,” I spoke up.

“No, I’m not in the mood for this Park” Fiona shook her head.

“What? You think this has something to do with the fact that I’m annoyed with you? It doesn’t. It has to do with the fact that we’re gonna lose our house. Carl has the money, why not use it?”

“Because” she barked. 

“Why do you get the last word?” I countered.

“If you wanna go get a mortgage with your name on it, then take Carl’s money. But otherwise, we’ll find another way” she finished.

I would do that.

“I’ll just spend it on my ride” Carl waved off, getting up obviously annoyed “If you want us we’ll be upstairs. Come on Nick” Carl left.

“Yeah. Me too” I grumbled.

“Parker” Fiona tried.

“I don’t wanna hear it” I snapped “I don’t know why you bother calling a family meeting. You make all the decisions anyway” With that I ran up stairs and into the bedroom “God, she’s pissing me off!” I yelled, sitting on my bed.

“Aw, come here” Carl pouted sitting down beside me.

“Still a softie on the inside” I smirked, wrapping my arms around him.

“Nah mamma. My soul’s blacker than the night, you dig?” he smirked smugly, as usual.

Oh jeez. Not what I need right now.

“Carl? Hey, hey. Hey um… On behalf of all of us, I want to acknowledge your generosity” Dad followed us upstairs, oh boy “The fact that you reached this level of success in your chosen field-

“How much do you need?” Carl cut him off.

“Forty?” Dad asked. Carl started to pull the cash from his pocket “6o, if it’s not a problem”

“A bill. Even” Carl handed it to him.

“You’ve come a long way son. It warms my heart to know that at least one Gallagher has lived up to his genetic potential” Dad smiled “When you were 6, I… one-

Carl cut him off by shutting the door. I sighed, crashing onto my back.

“Yo, take your meds” Carl handed me a bottle of gatorade.

I sighed, sitting up and downing my insomnia and Bipolar meds. The door was opened again, but this time, by Fiona.

“Uh, Ian’s out at friends again… so, goodnight guys” she nodded.

Neither of us said anything. She sighed and walked out.

“Nick, you mind if I steal Carl for the night? I promise he can still watch over you from my bed” I smiled.

Nick nodded and I looked up at Carl. He smiled jumping down from his bed and getting into bed with me. I knew he wasn’t tired yet, but the meds seemed to be working pretty well tonight. Carl rested his head on his propped up hand, using the other to run through my short hair. I missed the old Carl. He may have been a psychopath and potentially retarded, but he was always so sweet to me, I felt like I could tell him everything.

“Parker” Liam exclaimed, jumping up onto the bed and cuddling into me.

“Hey coffee bean” I managed to get out before yawning.

“Go to bed Parker. I got ya” Carl soothed.

“Night Carl” I sighed.

“Goodnight sis” he whispered.

I love my brothers.

=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=

Going camping for the weekend so y'all get 3 chpaters! Hope ya like em :) <3 <3