Looks Like It

Parker’s Pov.
“It’s our crib!” Carl exclaimed.

We are all pissed about losing the house.

“Not anymore” Fiona sighed.

“Who says?” Carl asked.

“State of Illinois” Ian told him.

“They can’t just take it from us!” I exclaimed.

“I don’t have time to explain foreclosure law to you two” Fi sighed.

“Those are the stairs where I broke my arm for the first time” Carl pointed.

“Yeah and the second, and the fifth” Ian nodded.

“Table is where Liam was born,” Carl added.

“There’s nothing we can do” Fiona sighed “Can you keep it down in there!”

“Copper pipes aren’t gonna take out themselves” Dad told us, taking the toilet out of the downstairs bathroom “While Rome burns, you eat waffles!”

“Anyone remember when I got my foot stuck in the toilet?” I chuckled.

“Oh yeah” Carl remembered.

“You gonna take apart the place piece by piece?” Ian asked.

“Scorched earth. The preferred method of defeated generals who refused to allow their conquerors the satisfaction” Dad explained.

“Of taking a dump?” Carl questioned.

“Copper’s two bucks a pound” Dad told us.

“Look, we don’t have the luxury to sit around and get weepy. We need a place to live”

“Let’s see them, try to get Nick and I out. We’ll take positions up at the upstairs windows with M16s” Carl assured.

“Carl” Fiona groaned.

“Throw Liam at the bottom of the stairs with some grenades” he added “Think you could pull a pin and throw it?” he asked Liam.

“Strap Chuckie up with some explosives and throw him off the roof” I added, smirking.

“Do any of that and they’ll trial you like an adult. That’s big boy prison” Fiona told us “Look, the house is gone. It’s over. We need to move on”

“This all cause of the mud people” Chuckie spoke up pointing at Nick.

“What the fuck” I groaned.

“That’s what my friends in juvie said” Chuckie exclaimed. Dad started to laugh “What? What did I say?”

“Chuckie if you wanna stay alive! Shut up and go to school” I threatened.

“Where’s Lip at? He’d back me up on this” Carl spoke up.

“I told him we didn’t need him. He needs to focus on school” Fiona explained.

“Good grief” I groaned “I’m gonna go for a run”

“Actually, I will join you. Run me to work?” Ian asked.

“You got it” I nodded.

We are in deep shit. As usual.

~~

 Once I got home from my run I noticed, all our shit is on the street? What the fuck!

“Hey! What the hell’s going on here!” I yelled.

No one said anything. I ran up to the house to find Debbie.

“Debbie-

“They’re kicking us out!” She yelled.