Awaken

Continued day
Onika's POV

    "Well.." Bey said as we sat before each other, Lotus with with her mom and Solange was on her way. They are supposed to go out as a pack so she's coming to pick up Tina and I'm going to stay and watch over Lotus and Bey until the night is over. "Why would you do that?" I asked looking at her.

She lowered her head scratching it then sighed, "I just wanted to mess with you but I took it over board. I'm sorry, I didn't want you to react like that I just didn't think of what you've been through." She explained. I knew she didn't mean it to be so worrisome, I moved her hair behind her ear and kissed her cheek. She softly smiled turning to me and our daughter; "I'd never try to separate or hide you two from each other. You know that" she whispered with her eyes still begging for forgiveness.

I smiled at her knowing she couldn't forgive herself, "It's okay, I'm not going to hold it against you. I'm just happy you're trying." I responded rubbing her chin moving to the side of her face. I moved to sit under her arm getting her to lean back as I held her hand and her shirt; "What happens when you get locked down there" I asked glancing back up to her. "Well I turn and I grow hungry and in olden words into a savage for food and to destroy things.. chaos. It's not me though!" She quickly reminded me "It's my body but it's the hybrid controlling it, craving so much because I deny it on a normal day." She finished looking at my nails that were done. "Can I tell you something?" She asked side eyeing me getting me to nod in confusion.

She let out a sigh before her mouth opened, "I looked into your guy friend, I had been for a moment but since Lotus's party I dug deeper and he is a siren. You don't need to be near him, no one does." She explained getting me to look at her like she was crazy. "What do you mean a siren?.. the thing that sings and captures people? I thought that was only women" I spoke sitting up a bit getting her full attention. "Normally they are women but there is a rare chance of men sirens still existing and he is one. That's why Lotus never wanted him near you.. I did some more digging and I think he works for Rihmeek." She added.

"What? What are you talking about??" I asked so confused but I knew I couldn't get a answer from how the alarm went off on her phone meaning it was time for her to go. "He hired him, I can't explain right now but I will when I'm back to me." She softly voiced showing her two different color eyes moving to the same shade of gold, I heard foot steps coming downstairs and a knock at the door. "Solange and them are here." Bey whispered moving her arm from around me just to turn to me completely giving my a soft smile. "When they lock me up, don't come down there, don't bring lotus near me, and lastly if anything happens you have to shoot me." She whispered "Hell no" I said without a second thought, "Don't ever say that shit again.. I'm actually tired of you saying that. You aren't going to die." I spat making her realize that everytime she does it's pointless.

Her mom came to the front and unlocked the door with the herd of people come inside. "It's not even a full moon yet why are you all here?" I asked in wonder after they greeted Tina; "Well the pack leader is here, we can't start without her go ahead" Dave spoke looking from Bey to me. "Y-You're really the pack leader?" I asked her as she got up nodding; "Uncle Denz made me when I got home, I told you this was my pack. But as before you are too." She smiled kissing my lips. She held my chin with me holding her wrist, "I have to go, I love you" she smiled kissing me yet again.

She attempted to walk away but I followed, I'm not just going to let her go by herself. "Wait" I whispered holding her hand following her behind her mom and Dave since he's the biggest out of them, we made it to the basement seeing a cage that had chains inside that were welded against the wall. "This is it?" I asked looking at her and Tina, "It is, the chains are invincible. The cage has a mixture of metals but mostly the same as the chains, She get fed once before the moon starts." Tina announced before looking towards her oldest daughter who knew what to do, she kissed lotus head who was still being held by Tina and from what I assume they were having a silent conversation ending with Lo licking her nose.