Connecting..

Onika's POV

I feel empty a bit, I've been working and I feel like I'm back to where I was before Bey came back. Lotus does try and help but she feels the same way, I can't help her when she changes or do the things Bey would do with her. We won't talk about it but the thought is here, she stopped sending videos and only text me about once a day and it doesn't help worrying me and Lotus. "Lotus come down to eat dinner baby!" I softly called out as I finished making her plate grabbing mine going to the dining room. I heard her room door open and her foot steps following behind on the stairs, "Mommy when is momma coming back?" Lotus asked as she came around the threshold of the dining room.

Her face was full of sadness while her fingers of her hand that wasn't holding onto the wall was in her hair showing her nervousness and worry that she got from Bey, "She should be back soon ladybug, what wrong?" I asked as I placed down the plates and moved to her before squatting in front of her even though there was no point. Her bottom lip trembled while her eyes watered as her nose shown she was sniffling "I can't feel her anymore" she cried as tears ran down her soft face as I scooped her up in my arms "No no baby she's okay, she's fine" I spoke trying to make her believe my unsure words hugging her close. She placed her head in my neck and held onto me gripping my shirt as she cried in my neck with pure sobs "I-I can't he-hear her an-anymoore.." she struggled to say in my neck as her grip tightened on my shirt.

When she said that I felt the pain of those words, she being the only one that really knew if she'd still be okay at this point. "No, you you can baby she's just-just really quiet right now. That's all" I said not trying to believe her words, not on the fact that they were hers but because I feel like I already knew that. I don't want to believe it anymore than what my mind is telling me but it has crossed my mind more than once, "N-No I-"Lotus please trust me, she's okay. Remember Momma's stronger than what we know, she can take care of herself you know that right?" I asked trying to make better of the situation. She nodded her head gently in my neck as I heard her sniffle while my eyes stayed forward and my hand rubbed her cheek before I looked down at her, "And you know she would never do anything that could make her leave us... she loves me and you especially you too much to let that happen babygirl. She's okay, she's just a little quiet that's all" I reassured her.

Her cries turning to sniffles as I looked down at her holding back my own due to know having the cursed thought in my head, her eyes sat low as her hand laid close to her on my chest meaning she was sleepy, "How about we take a little nap before dinner?" I asked softly while her eyes barely raised to look at me giving me a gentle nod. I rubbed the side of her face and her red tear stained cheek before walking upstairs to her room, I pulled her covers back and laid her down grabbing her wolf stuffy giving it to her which she held close as she looked to the wall on the side of her bed. "Momma loves you so much baby, she wouldn't get herself hurt. She's okay and she'll be back to see you, us. And it'll be like before alright?" I soothed rubbing her cheek with my thumb as her eyes held there beautiful milk chocolate color that was more noticeable than the average set "I love you so much, I can't explain but please don't think she left us.." I added leaning down to her and kissing her head as her eyes barely closed due to her fighting her sleep.

I stayed until she did making sure there weren't any bad dreams coming to play as I ran my hand over curls before gently pulling at them only for them to bounce back on the tips of my fingers, a small smile grew to my face as I thought of the conversation I had with Bey on whether she should get her hair done anytime soon. We sided against it seeing there was no point from how young she is and because there's nothing wrong with her shrinkage, I softly smiled before getting up from her bed and looking at her tv seeing 'Wow Wow Wubbzy' was on quietly playing. I began to make my way to the door of the pastel pink and butterfly decorated room closing the door behind me only to finally get the feeling in my hands and feet again as I stood on the carpet. I went back downstairs putting away the food since neither one of us is ready to eat with this thought still running wild in our minds. I looked around the kitchen before actually moving to my bedroom, the thoughts of Bey around the house just continued to play in my head along with ones of her being hurt or dead.