Popeyes

Onika's POV
April 8(3:15pm)
Car

Lotus and I are in the car on our way from getting some food from the store since Tina and Solange should be here today "What are you cooking Mommy?" She asked "I'm making some baked chicken with sweet potatoes, cornbread, and greens." "Ooo can we have Mac and cheese too, pleeeeaaaassseeee?" She dragged out sounding like Bey "Yes baby I'll make some just for you." I laughed some "Yay! Can I help?" "Sure but I thought you were gonna go with mama?" "I can do both!" She said with her arms up making me laugh while looking at her through the rear view.

We made it home to see Bey's car wasn't outside "Where's mama?" She asked as I got her out of the car "I don't know baby, she's probably working I spoke, Bey and I haven't really talked since that night. She won't speak to me unless Lotus is around, we got the groceries her holding the littles that barely had anything in them. I unlocked the door and we got in, I put everything on the counter and then texted Bey asking her to bring home some food since I wouldn't be done cooking anytime soon. I know she won't text back but she'll bring home food and it'll be my favorite Popeyes. I put up the other food for later this week and started on the chicken, Lotus sat in the living room watching cartoons.

After a while Bey came home with the food "Mama!" Lotus spoke excitedly "Hey stink!" I heard Bey say, she soon came in the kitchen "Do you need help?" She asked "No I got it" "No let me help it's my family and I don't want you slaving over the stove, what do you want me to start on?" She said making me fold my lips in and sighed quietly "C-Can you start on the cornbread and I'll just finish the meat" I spoke quietly "Okay" she said standing over me some do I could feel her body heat on me. She began to cook as did I and when I put it in the oven she stood behind me kind of closely "I just want to say thank you." She spoke making me stop and look at her confused "What do you mean?" "I mean you didn't have to let me stay here or see our daughter or anything like that, but you let me and I'm grateful for that." She said looking at me as I stood up and turned around closing the oven "Well why would I not? I mean we've been through too much and I care about you and Lotus so she does need you in her life." I spoke not really looking at her, she nodded and walked to the stove going back to the doughy cornbread while I went to the bag of food and put Lotus's on a plate.

----

I was pulling out the chicken from out of the oven "SHIT!" I yelled as I somehow burnt my wrist in the process "Whats wrong mommy?" Lotus asked running into the kitchen "Nothing ba-"Lotus go get the red kit from upstairs" Bey spoke as she came in with a wife beater and some shorts on. Bey walked up to me "Let me see" she spoke as my other hand covered the burn mark I cautiously moved it and saw a large dark red line across my pale yet red colored wrist. "Damn" She said and picked me up putting me on the counter "No Bey I ca-"No you can't, let me help you and I know you don't want to sit up here but it isn't going to change anything." She spoke looking me in the eye.

Lotus came back with the first aid which was about half her size, "Thank you stinkbutt" Bey said and kissed her head then turned her attention to me "Is she gonna be okay?" Lo asked "Yes baby, mommy will always be okay with me here." Bey spoke taking me by surprise. I looked at her as she started to attend to my small injury "Wha-"Lotus go watch tv okay?" Bey spoke interrupting me, Lo did as she was told and it became silent. "I got accepted" she spoke quietly "What? Accepted to what?" I asked confused "The army, they accepted me, I have about a few mo..." I started to zone out from what she was saying taking it all in "No,no you're not going anywhere" I said trying to prove a point "I am, I have to train first but the supernatural said I could actually that they need me." I pulled my wrist from her some but she wouldn't budge.

"I know you're mad bu-"I'm pissed the fuck off! Why would you leave when Lotus is so in love with having you here, why?" "Because I have my reasons, just trust me in this okay? Just for this one time." She said and I just shook my head as the continued to bandage me Why...
---

Short because part two soon
-Scooby🐶