Against Me

Onika's POV
April 21st(9:48am)
Tina's house

I woke up to Lotus sleeping under me with her body under my arm, I looked around for Bey seeing her spot in the bed was empty. I sat up slowly looking around the room with sleep in my eyes "Bey?" I asked out but I didn't get a response "Mommy?" I heard and I looked down at Lotus "Yes baby?" "Momma said she loved you and she'll be back" she said opening her eyes a little showing her purple pupils, "Oh...thank you for telling me" I smiled rubbing her cheek. "Its okay mommy, she'll be back she said she would" she spoke hugging me as much as she could I hugged her back knowing for once she might not be able to predict this.

"I know she will, go back to sleep ladybug and I'll go make breakfast" I said trying to stay positive. She nodded and hugged me a little tighter "I love you mommy" she said in my side "I love you too LoLo" I said without a second thought kissing her head. She laid back down and I got out of bed going to the bathroom before actually going downstairs to the kitchen, I went to the fridge getting the ingredients for pancakes and eggs when I felt a tear run down my cheek. I quickly sniffled and swiped it away as if it didn't happen and continued with getting it all ready before they came downstairs.

I started with the pancakes and bacon since they'll take a bit longer than the eggs, I tried to stay focused on it but I couldn't. I just kept worrying about Bey and if she actually makes it home or not, as I cooked the bacon I heard someone come down "Nika, why are you up so early?" I heard Tina say "Oh I just wanted to make everyone breakfast" I spoke trying to stay on task "Sweetie we can talk about her leaving" she said and swung around looking at her.

"You know she did?" I asked and she nodded "We already talked about it and I understand what she's doing for the better good of us all, Nika she loves you and she always will to her dying breath but she needs to do this." Tina spoke coming up to me. I turned to her looking her in the eye as tears ran down my face "Are you sure I-"I'm positive come here" she spoke and hugged me and I broke down in her arms "It hurts so bad" I cried "She sh-"Shhh it's okay I know.." "No I can't take the thought of her leaving me, you know what she asked me?! She she said if it comes to it kill her! I can't do that!" I cried aloud pulling back from her completely standing on my own. "Could you?! Could you kill the love of your life?! I saw her die once but watching her die by my hands I-" I stopped myself before I let it sink in too much as the silence came in.

"Her and Lotus are my everything and if I lost either one of them I'd lose myself, I'm not ready for that... I'm not ready for any of this." I said more to myself quietly "Onika this isn't something you can prepare for, no one can but this is something you need to look more to the positive for-"How when everything that's happening is against us?! I can't with this.." I shook my head and turned back to the food trying to make sure it wasn't burnt. "I just want everything to go as planned for once and I know this won't." I spoke moving the eggs, Tina stood to the side not knowing what to say while I hurried and finished everything. When it was all cooked I moved the food off the stove turning it off and rushing upstairs.

When I made it to Bey's room Lotus was in bed watching tv, "Lo go help your granny make the plates in the kitchen babe" she nodded with a soft smiled then got up and off the bed, she came up to me and hugged my leg. "Momma said she left you something on your phone" she spoke while I picked her up and hugged her "Okay baby, I'll check it soon" I spoke and kissed her cheek repeatedly until she was giggling "Now go help your granny, I think your auntie is coming with JuJu" I said as I put her down. I know she can sense things but I still need to play my role as her mother, she looked me in the eye and nodded before actually walking out wearing her joggers and too big shirt Bey got her.

I went to my phone that was on the night stand and unlocked it seeing she did leave me something in my messages. I went to her contact and saw she had sent me a text and a video.