Life

Onika's POV
February 4(6:55am)
Home

I'm up before my alarm clock as usual just thinking about the last couple of years of my life. Shit just went down hill after Bey.

"Nicki you have to go to school." My mom said "For what?! So I can see his face, he ruined my life and still thinks he can get with me after the fact. I don't want to go there... just so I can see her in my head the whole time." "Nika you can't let him get in the way of your goals, you don't have to go back to that school I can move you but you have to go. Bey wouldn't have wanted you to stop your life over this... your a smart girl and this is your last year you really just have three months." She said and I just laid down on my bed I miss her...

I woke up from my daydream because of the alarm. I got up and went to my bathroom to brush my teeth and taking care of my hygiene then getting in the shower. I washed myself thinking when we were in the shower together, the way she'd touch me and how she'd please me. I needed her so bad and I still do, but there's nothing either one of us can do. I got out the shower and dried myself off and putting on my undergarments then a button up top with a black skirt and red bottom heels.

I went into Lotus's room that was white and with a pastel pink. I walked up to her bed and sat on the side of her rubbing her hair "Get up Lo, you're going to daycare today" I said softly, she wasn't planned, no where near. I wanted to get an abortion but I'm happy I didn't, She's the only thing I'm proud of as of now. She started to move then got up hugging me "Morning mommy" "Morning Baby" I said hugging her back tighter smiling and kissing her head "Go brush your teeth and wash your face. Do you want to pick out your clothes or do. You want me to get it for you?" "I'll pick my clothes out mama."

She went to her bathroom and got on her step stool and started preparing to brush her teeth. I went down stairs and got some Eggo waffles putting them in the toaster since that's her favorite. I made some eyes and bacon then made out plates, she came downstairs hopping in her blue and white tutu with her blue converse and a white shirt. "Look mommy" she said twirling, "You look pretty baby. Are you going to wear a headband?" She shook her head no and sat at the table while I brought her plate.

I already put syrup on her waffles and eggs how she likes it reminding me of Bey since she did the same thing. I laughed at her while she ate and got some syrup on her face "Use your napkin ladybug" I said and she did then smiled at me. We finished eating and I put the dishes in the sink while she got her bag from upstairs then ran back down to me "Mommy can we get a puppy?" "Why?" "So I can play with him and love him." She said as I grabbed my things and we headed out the house.

"I don't know sweetie , puppies need more than that." "They do?!" "Yes baby" I laughed as she made a shocked face "Oh... what else do they need?" "They need food and you have to walk them, when you do you have to clean up after them." I said putting her bag in the car then her buckling her in and kissing her cheek "Mommy I don't wanna puppy anymore." She said shaking her head with her hand on her forehead making me laugh.

I drove to the daycare center with the music playing which Lotus was singing making me smile. She's such a happy kid and I want her to stay that way, I pulled up to the center and parked then turned off the car. I got out and went to her side unbuckling her and getting her bag. She grabbed my hand and looked up at me smiling. We walked in and I created the receptionist signing Lotus in and my name then bending down to her. "Be good okay, I packed your lunch in your bag. I love you and I'll pick you up okay?" I said holding her hand she nodded and I hugged her kissing all over her face making her giggle "Yes mommy, I love you too." She said wrapping her arms around my neck and kissing my cheek. I let her go and she went with her teacher who waved at me.

I got back in the car and drove to work mentally preparing myself for my bosses antics, I parked in the parking lot and let out a sigh then got my stuff going to my floor. It feels like the same day replaying whenever I come to work, my boss expects some much from me but gives me so little credit for it. I've been in the same position since I started working her which was about three or four years ago. It was after I had Lotus, I graduated from college early since I started as a junior because of the classes I took over summers and during the school year.

I got in my office and already had two stacks of papers and designs I moved to my seat and began working. About half way through the first stack my work phone rings "Hello" I said answering the unwanted call "Maraj I need you in my office." My bosses voice boomed into my phone. He then hung up and I rolled my eyes going to his office. I walked to the elevator feeling the eyes of my male colleagues on me, I ignored them walking to the elevator doors pressing the up button and waiting for it to ding.

I got in and pressed the button for the highest floor then waited til I made it to the top thinking of what I'm going to cook for dinner. The doors opened and I walked out going to the large double doors knocking then hearing a deep "Come in" and I opened the door seeing Mr. Chestnut sitting in his large brown leather seat not looking at me. I walked up to his desk taking a seat and looking at him "Ms. Maraj, have you finished those papers on your desk?" "I'm half way through" I said and he just tucked his bottom lip in scrunching his eyebrows and nodding "There's this new project I would like for you to do after your done. I've emailed you the information on what it needs to look like and what needs to be done, it's needed at the end of March the longest being the beginning of April." He said typing on his computer then looking at me.

"Yes sir" "I need those papers before 12:30 that's all." He said wanting me to leave, I softly nodded and then went back to my office looking at the time seeing its 10:57. I got back to my work when my phone started ringing, I looked at the ID seeing its Ms. Tina so I answered "Hey mama T" I said happily "Hey Nicki, how are you?" She asked since the last time we talked was in December. "I'm okay, how about you?" "I'm good, I just wanted to check on you and my granbaby" "Lotus is good, she actually asked about you and Solange the other day. I'm sorry I didn't tell you I got a new number, he found my number again." I apologized "It's okay baby. I was thinking Solo and I could come down and visit you two." "We would both love that, do you have a date?" "In about two weeks, but if it's not then I'll inform you ahead of time."

"Okay, I have the guest rooms ready so you don't have to stay in a hotel." "Thank you baby, I'll let you get back to what your doing have a good day and kiss my granbaby for me." "Yes ma'am bye" I laughed "Bye Nika" she said and hung up I put my phone away and got back to my papers. I finished them around 12:20 and had the messenger give them to him. I pulled out my lunch and heated it up in my microwave that's hiding under my desk and started eating.

---

I just got off work going to pick up Lotus when someone called me from an unknown number "Hello?" "You will be happy again" a women's voice said coming through the Bluetooth then hanging up making me scrunch up my face The hell? I parked in front of the center and got out locking my car going inside.

I signed her out and the receptionist went to get her. "Hi mommy!" Lotus said waving on her tiptoes and smiling brightly "Hey baby" I said hugging her as she came closer "How was your day?" I asked picking her up and walking out "It was good mommy, I made a new friend her name is Beauty." She smiled "That's a pretty name but I like yours better." I said messing with her nose making her giggle. I put her in her seat then got on my side pulling out of the parking spot.

"What do you want to eat for dinner ladybug?" I asked looking at her through the rearveiw. "Ummm...chicken! I don't know what else though." She said excitedly then shrugging at the end "How about I pick the sides?" I said and she nodded "No green beans though mommy those are nasty." She said making me laugh. Just like Honey Bee...

-----
Doum doum doum doum doum doum DDDDOOOoUUuUmMm do-do-do-doum
I didn't know what just happened right there but this is one of the two updates I have for you guys so🙂
-Scooby🐶