Mama Knows

Onika's POV
April 25th(12:15pm)
Home

"Lotus! Come on baby we need to go see GG" I called as I walked downstairs rummaging through my purse for my keys. We can back home a few days ago and I'm back at work with Lotus back in preschool, she always ask about where Bey is and when shes sent videos so she could see them since we still haven't really adjusted to her being gone. When we got back Bey's care was gone but the kitchen was full of groceries, Lotus had bags full of new clothes and toys, and I was left one of her sweaters that was too big for me and a diamond necklace and some earrings with another video of her when she was in the house putting everything up for us.

As much as I wanted to questioned where she got the money I didn't, I knew what she was into and what she wouldn't do morally only thing I'm worried about is her getting hurt and not coming home. Made to the first floor finally finding my keys under the clutter of makeup and other things "I really need to clean this out" I spoke to myself "I'm ready Mommy!" I heard Lotus call out leading me to turn around and see her coming downstairs in her pink and white tutu matching with her vans and gray shirt that had 'Momma's girl' writing in pink and white saying. "Okay baby, you turn off your tv?" I asked and she nodded with a closed lip smile holding her new wolf plushie Bey got her. Lotus said it had a note on it saying it was special with a some part of Bey to it. "Okay then let's go ladybug" I smiled and reached my hand out for her which she grabbed happily holding it securely as I turned and walked us to the front door putting the code in for the alarm before opening the door letting Lo walk out first.

"Mommy, does GG know momma is back?" She asked causing me to stop in my tracks for a moment, I never contacted my mother while Bey was here. "Umm I don't baby, I haven't talked to her in a while." I spoke slightly disappointed in myself for my actions as I stepped out locking the door. "But that's why we're going to see her today, so we can catch up." I smiled turning my head to her seeing she was already looking up at me with and interested face, I saw her necklace under her shirt from the glint of it under her shirt. She nodded as if she knew what I was talking about all the way before we went to the car, I opened the back door for her and she climbed into her seat so I could strap her in while she held her wolf tightly. "Mommy can I get a puppy?" She asked she asked with her eyebrows scrunching and her lips pressing together on the side of her face a bit "Why do you want a puppy Lo?" I asked slightly laughing at her facial expression. "Because when momma was wolfie it was fun, I did good taking care of her." She spoke nodding her head with her eyes sitting low as if she knew she was making a good point "Sweetie, she knew how to take care of herself and she was taking care of you... But how about when momma comes back we ask her huh?" I said trying keep her head up, her smile widened showing her little teeth before she nodded moving her little curls.

---

I let Lotus knock on my mother's front door while I checked to see if Bey had text but she didn't, only emails from my boss about a meeting he wanted to have with me tomorrow. We heard the locks turn on the door causing Lotus to become gitty when the door opened my mother had a wide smile on her face "Look at my little flower!" She said happily as she picked up Lotus hugging her as she did the same "I missed you GG" she said in her neck as my mother stepped into the house letting me in "I missed you too little flower, you and ya big headed mommy" she spoke causing an embarrassed smile to come across my face as I looked at her before closing and locking the front door "Hey mama" I smiled trying to get on her good side but she squinted her eyes at me telling me I'm in for a lecture. She put Lotus down looking at her "I already put princess and the frog in for you and the popcorns on the table little one." She said smiling at Lotus, that's their thing since she was smaller. Her coming over and having a movie night and basically girl time with my mom while I would work, "Thank you GG" my babygirl smiled before going to the living room.

"So when were you going to call" my mother asked as Lotus left our view leading her to turn to me I lowered my head some and put on a sorry smile before looking at her "I was busy and everything was hitting at once I-"You mean Beyoncé came back to town in the mist of you getting with that yella bone boy" she cut me causing my eyes to widened and my mouth to hang open some "How did you know?" I asked completely dumbfounded "Because she came and visited me." She said walking away as if that explained a lot "Wait no, I'm not understanding. When did she come over?" I asked still lost following her down the hall.

"She came a few days ago, telling me what had been happening these couple of weeks and she told me that y'all have been trying to get back together officially." She added going into the kitchen lowering her voice while Lotus sat on the floor watching the movie "What did she say? Exactly.." I asked letting my curiosity getting the best of me, she turned around and looked at me with a really expression "Onika, I'm not about to go into detail about our conversation... this ain't no elementary school were we telling secrets and shit" she said causing me to blink in shock a bit as she stood at the sink washing dishes, "I-"Don't I'm not telling you about the conversation if I just summarized it for you, she said she loved you and Lotus and she'll try and keep in contact and she also said make sure you ain't find someone to keep you entertained while she was gone and I told her I wouldn't by saying I'd beat the shit out of you if you did." She smiled at me as I stood there actually imagining her beating my ass.

"Daughter?" I heard my mother call "Yes ma'am?" I asked coming back to reality "Good you're still here, go ahead and do what you need to and come back I want granny granddaughter time." My mother said basically kicking me out "But I haven't even gotten to eat" I whined "And you can eat when you get back now go" she said rushing me out of the kitchen to the front door opening it for me "I love you be safe bye baby" she said in nice ass tone like she meant it as she basically pushed me out, I sucked on my teeth before going to my car. I can't get shit...

----
I'm done with half the people in my life, I've come to the realization that there's more negativity in my life than I thought so if anyone wants to be friends hmu🙂
-Scooby