Chapter 33- Silence

Becca's POV**

   Days and weeks have gone by since I have spoken last. I have come to the conclusion that if I don't speak there is no real reason for people to reject me. Unless they look at me very closely. I'm not the most pleasant thing to look at. Most people would rather watch paint dry then look at me. 

        Unfortunately I have had to come out of my room. My parents practically forced me to, plus school started a few weeks ago and no matter how badly I didn't want to go I am still a good student. Although these past few weeks in class may beg to differ. I failed my first few quizzes, something I have never done before. I've tried to focus on my work, the only thing that matters to me, but it's very hard. Especially because I no longer talk. I have also had quite a few distractions. Since I am no longer friends with Luke and Spencer I have been sitting alone in the library at lunch. I see the two of them hanging out all of the time. They are most definetly an item now. It's rare when I don't see them making out in the hallway. It really hurts me to see them together. It just reminds me of how worthless and unwanted I must be. 

     The only good part about having no friends is that I now have a lot more time on my hands to work out. I've been constantly working myself, trying to lose all of this fat that is attached to my body. I've been really hard on myself with this whole losing weight thing. I eat maybe once a day. Normally at dinner so that my parents aren't suspicious. Even when I do eat it is very little. What would be the point of losing all of this weight if I was just regaining it by eating. I'm tired of being the fat girl that get's made fun of. I am a Lovato for petes sake it's time I started looking like one. 

      Bringing up the 'Lovato' subject, Demi still hasn't contacted me. It breaks my heart that after this whole entire summer of us working on our relationship she just decides to ignore me. It's almost as if she wants to get rid of me. To make it worse this weekend my parents are making us go and visit her. I mean yes a part of me can't wait to see her because after all she is my big sister but the other part of me is dreading going. I am going to have to put my working out on hold and not to mention that I have to be very concious of my actions when I am around her. She is going to be very interrogative when she finds out I don't speak anymore, or will she even care? 

    I'm sitting in math class right now, not paying attention, which is a first for me. I've just been so distracted lately that I can't really focus on anything. My teacher is handing out our pop quiz from last class right now. I'm not too nervous about it because math is like a second nature to me. When I got my quiz my mouth droppedto the floor. On the top of the page was a big, fat, red F. I can't believe I failed. My parent's are going to be so mad at me. 

 "What did you get fatty?" One of the minions asked me. I just shrugged. 

"Going mute now dweeb?" I rolled my eyes and ignored her. Something I have been able to do now that Aydyn no longer goes here. She's locked up in juvie. Hopefully to never be seen again.

The final bell rang and I slowly made my way to my locker making sure to leave my quiz in there. My parents have been very nosy with my stuff ever since I went silent. I can't afford for them to find it. They would be so disappointed. I've noticed a pattern with that lately. I guess that's what I'm meant to be. A dissapointment.

 A few days later

"This is the final call for flight 91 to board. Flight 91 this is your final call." I heard the lady over the intercom say as I took my seat in the plane. I sat next to Maddie snagging the window seat. Maddie hates window seats. I don't know why, she just does. 

As I felt the plane start to take off I made sure my sleeves were rolled down, put in my head phones and began zoning out. This was it. I was off to see Demi and I couldn't tell If I was excited or not. Great.

Demi's POV**

I was pacing the floor of my hotel room back and forth. I was beginning to panic. This can't be happening right now. How could it break just like that? One minute I see a text from Becca saying "I need you" and the next thing I know my screen goes black. What if something is really wrong. I need to be there for her but now I can't. 

"Demi, calm down. We can get it fixed." I heard my manager say. 

"How can I calm down? I need it now." 

"I just got off the phone with a repair guy. He said he can get it done for you. In the mean time I think this is good for you. You haven't been focused ever since you left home. It might do you some good to not be on your phone. It's becoming to much of a distraction." 

"But what about my family?"  I asked getting a little frustrated. 

"We will let them now what is happening. Don't worry your pretty little head about anything. Now go get some rest. We will see you bright eyed and bushy tailed in the morning." With that he left. I must admit I was worried. What if Becca really did need me? Will she think I'm ignoring her. I hope not. Hopefully my parents will catch her up to speed. I don't need anything messing up what we have again. 

Fast forward**

I finally get to see my family tonight. I've been waiting for what seems like forever to see them. My phone still hasn't been fixed and I haven't had the oppurtunity to get a new one. I'm starting to think that my management never went to get it fixed. They will have to soon enough or I will have something to say about it. Afterall I am the boss.

I exited my dressing room feeling overjoyed about the fact that I will finally be able to hug my baby girl tonight.. I can't wait to catch up with my family, but most importantly figure out why Becca needed me. I still have the image of her text sketched into my brain. I can't wait to see her. She needs me just as much as I need her. A lot. 

As I approached the stage I could hear my name being chanted. 

"Demi! Demi! Demi! Demi!" My fans were going crazy. I was so excited to perform for them and even more excited to see my family. Tonight is going to be a good night. I finally feel content. Nothing could change my mood. I'm the happiest girl alive.

A/N:  Hope you guys liked it! What do you think is going to happen?

Next Update: Wednesday

Early Update: 20 comments and 65 votes! 

Thanks for reading!

Happy Reading, Stay Strong and God Bless!

~Riss