Chapter 40- Shocker

Becca's POV**

"Alright Becca. Lift up your sleeves now baby girl." Demi sighed. I did as she said and allowed her to inspect my arms like she has done every day for the past week.

"Good Girl, I am so proud of you. You're almost a week clean." I let out a small smile as she kissed my forehead.

Rolling up my sleeves, I sighed. She may be proud of my progress but I'm not. It doesn't really feel like I'm recovering. I'm just restraining myself from cutting for Demi's sake. Plus she took all of my razors and anything sharp away from me and threw them out in some garbage can on the side of the highway.

Don't get me wrong, Demi is really trying to help me recover, it's just I'm not in the right frame of mind. She does this thing where she makes me tell her three positive things about myself before I go to bed and when I wake up, but I don't think it's working, but I don't have the heart to tell her that because I can already see the amount of stress I am putting on her.

I suddenly had an urge to cut but I had to hold myself back. I know I can't actually cut because we don't have anything sharp other than a knife but Demi locked that drawer in the kitchen. Nothing was stoping me from self inflicting harm on myself though. I have long nails I could do some pretty bad damage, but I wasn't going to. Just seeing the way Demi looks at me when she see's I haven't cut makes it all worth it. She's as proud as a mother is of their child on their first day of school, or there high school graduation. To be honest it's kind of cute in a way. I'm like her baby, and I feel honoured to be. Well sort of. Sometimes she goes a bit mother crazy on me and then I have to remind her that she is indeed my sister and not my mom. Last time I checked I didn't come out of her womb.

"What's on your mind baby girl?" Demi asked, interrupting me from my thoughts.

"Oh nothing."

"I know that face. It's something." Demi nagged.

"It's nothing, I promise."

"Are you sure?" She questioned me again.

"Do you not trust me? I told you it's nothing. I promise."

"Yes I trust you. I'm sorry I'll drop it."

"Thank you." I sighed of relief , on the inside of course.

"So what does this week look like?" I asked, completely changing the subject.

"I have a concert tonight and every second day this week. Also I have a really important interview at the end of the week." She answered.

"Why is it so important?" I asked, my curiosity getting the best of me.

"Umm... I'm going to share some pretty important news." She said hesitantly.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Well.. Umm. I don't really know how to tell you this."

"Tell me what? You can tell me anything."

"I know I can. It's just really big."

"Demi, I'm your sister. You can tell me anything."

"That's just it though Beccs. I'm not."

"I'm not your sister?" I asked, my eyes widening and my heart shattering into tiny pieces. All she did was nod. She didn't even speak.

"What does that make you? My cousin? Aunt?" She shook her head again. I started to fear for the worst. Is this real life?

"My mom?" I gulped back a breath when that word came out of my mouth.

All I got from Demi was a nod.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed! (insert evil laugh here).

Happy Reading, Stay Strong and God Bless!

~Riss