Chapter 50- Whirlwind of Emotions

"No... Go away. I will call the police." My mom yelled out the front door. Somehow the paparazzi found out where we live. They have been bombarding us ever since we came home two days ago and it's getting out of hand. Our location has been all over the internet and the news. It's becoming dangerous to our whole family's safety. Max believes that Emily has the capability to go after anyone in our family. Dallas has been staying with us the past few days for her own safety as well. 

So far the police have made little progress on our case. They have yet to find out who Emily really is and  her current location. The only thing they have confirmed is that Aydyn is still in jail. There is no way that she is a part of this which doesn't make sense because of the scar on my hand. This whole situation is worrying me. I would die if anything happened to my family.

"Knock, Knock! Becca?" Demi said as she entered my room. "How is your wrist?" She asked. I looked down at my bandaged wrist. I was too afraid to look at the actual scar. I don't like the thought of her name permanently on my wrist. 

"It doesn't really hurt, I just don't like to look at it." I responded shyly. 

"I understand. So uhhh..." I knew what that meant. I got off of my bed shutting the door and then proceeding to roll up my sleeves. After Demi had checked over my arms and stomach I showed her my thighs. Once she had confirmed that I hadn't cut she kissed my forehead.

"I am so proud of you Becca. You managed to stay clean during this tough time. You are a true fighter."

"Well I couldn't do it without you." I genuinely smiled causing Demi to smile back at me. Before she could say anything my phone went off. 

"It's okay you can check it." She laughed. I opened my phone and immediately felt mixed emotions.

"What is it?" Demi asked. 

"Luke and Spencer broke up." I muttered.

"Well it's about time. They don't deserve each other. I know it's hard Beccs but everything will be okay."

"I know it will be. I'm just a little confused because they have been done for a week but it was just posted now."

"Hmm.. weird. I'm sure it's nothing."

"Ya you're probably right." I agreed.

"Demi, Max is here!" Our mom yelled from downstairs. 

"I'll be right back baby girl." Demi reassured me. 

As I laid back in my bed waiting for Demi there was a knock at my window. I was expecting it to be paparazzi, but was shocked when I saw non-other than Luke. I wasn't going to let him in until I noticed some paps following after him. I quickly opened the window letting him in then slamming it shut and closing the curtains.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with anger evident in my voice.

"I-I came to win you back" He spoke clearly out of breath. 

"Well it's not going to happen." I crossed my arms.

"Why not?" He tried touching my shoulder.

"Umm let me see. You cheated on me! With my best friend. I think that's reason enough."  I yelled. "And don't touch me." 

"But I missed you, I missed us. I missed your voice and your lips." He said softly. I was oddly attracted to him but I would not cave just like that. We just stared at each other for a few minutes. He began coming closer to me. I was tempted to kiss him but I couldn't. He was quickly coming closer and closer to me. Out of panic I did the first thing that came to my mind.