Chapter 49-Frightening Deliberation

Becca's POV**

"H...Hello?" Demi answered uneasily.

"Hi Demi. What's wrong? You sound frightened..." A deep voice spoke through the phone sending shivers up my spine.

"Who is this and what do you want?" Demi spoke more confidently this time.

"Feisty now, aren't you? It doesn't matter who I am. All I want is revenge." The voice muttered with an evil laugh to follow.

"Revenge for what?" Demi now looked confused.

"My Cousin. Watch your back Lovato.... and your ugly little sister too." With that the voice was gone. 

Demi nervously tossed her phone to the edge of the bed and pulled me into her holding onto me for dear life. We were both speechless. Nothing made sense to us and we were both frightened out of our minds. After a few minutes Demi reached for her phone and called Max as I stayed bundled into her shoulder. 

"SHE WHAT?!?!?" Demi screamed into the phone. Her voice startled me and tears started forming in my eyes. When Demi saw my face she kissed my forehead and left the room. She reappeared twenty long minutes later with a concerned look on her face. I felt the bed shake as she returned to her position, cuddling into me once again.

"What happened?" I whispered just loud enough for her to hear me.

"I don't know how but Emily escaped before the police showed up. Max thinks she might have something to do with the phone call so we are now headed to the police station. I might have to cancel the rest of my tour." She sighed.

"No. Don't do that. Your fans will be devastated." I plead.

"My fans will understand Becca. We are talking about our safety here. I would rather end my career than put you in jeopardy. I need to put you first this time." She gulped. 

For the next half an hour Demi and I tried to get as much rest as we could; we have a long night ahead of us. 

"Ms. Lovato, Ms. Lovato. Nice to meet you both. Tonight is going to be a long night. I am going to ask for your total and complete attention at all times. In order to get this done in a timely and orderly fashion we require you to be as honest and as straight forward as possible, is that clear?" The chief of Police stated. We both nodded. They immediately split Demi and I up for questioning where we were asked to explain the scene and identify Emily. They even went back into the file with Aydyn to see if they could find any relations. 

After a tiring four hour process I was finally reunited with my sister. We were both dreary and exhausted. The chief told us that they would be hiring a private investigator for our case. They then ordered that we go straight home and stay with our parents for a few weeks. To insure our safety we had to take a different vehicle. I guess the tour bus is too obvious. 

Demi called Eddie to fill him in. She decided it was too early in the morning to startle mom with this non-sense. 

After emptying our essentials from the bus we got into the car and drove home. It was a lengthy drive with very little stops. We couldn't risk anybody spotting us and sharing our location.

"Demi?" 

"Yeah Becca?" Demi turned to me noticing the tear streaks down my face.

"Are we going to be okay?" I inquired nervously.

"I sure hope so." She sounded uneasy.

"I-I'm really scared." I admitted.

"I am too baby-girl. But I've got you to keep me going. We will make it out one way or another. I will do my best to protect you, I promise." She spoke softly as she placed my head in her lap, playing with my hair to calm me down.

"I love you baby girl... forever and always."

"I love you too Demi. I always will."

A/N: 

I am so sorry that it has literally taken me months to update. My life has been crazy busy and to be honest I was lacking motivation for this story. But I'm back. Your comments have been so encouraging and I am so thankful for all of you and your on going support even when I don't update. You guys are the best. During my long 'sebatacle' I've come to realize that writing these books are so much more than comments, votes and reads. It's about impacting somebody with your writing and that's what I plan to do. From now on their won't be any update requirements. If you want to comment and vote then feel free to but it isn't mandatory. I may every once and awhile have an update goal on special occasions but not on a regular basis. I want to give a HUGE shout out to Elissakayle for helping me realize this. You are awesome and your comments mean so much to me. Thank you.

Anyways, I'm back. I will update as much as I can but I am not putting pressure on myself. I would rather give you guys quality updates then very frequent ones. I hope you enjoy this chapter and what is to come. This story isn't over.

I love you guys! 

Happy Reading, Stay Strong and God Bless!

~Riss