Chapter 44- The Name Game

Becca's POV***

"Hey baby. You ready to talk about the incident yet?" Demi asked me rubbing my knee. We are currently sitting in our hotel room for the night. Usually we would be in our tour bus, that I like to call our home on wheels, but Demi is appearing on Ellen tomorrow so we decided to stay here for the night. 

"Yeah...I guess." I obliged. "Where do you want me to start?"

"Wherever you want to start." She spoke in comfort.

"Well, on March 9th 1998 I was released from the womb." I joked trying to lighten the mood. Also, to be honest, I just really wanted to make Demi laugh. 

"Hahahaha You're funny, but seriously. Can we talk about this." She  reiterated. 

"Well after I came off stage I took a shower and then when I saw you were done I decided to go back to the bus. When I saw all of your fans I didn't think there would be any harm in talking to them. They seemed fine and they weren't crazy like last time so I started to talk to some of them. Then one of them called me over. I went and talked to her but she quickly made me regret my decision. When I asked her if she enjoyed the show she said every part except for when I sang. She then began to say I sounded like a whale and said that I-I..." I started to tear up.

"She said what darling?" Demi asked rubbing my cheek, comforting me. 

"Th-that I am ugly and fat and that i-if she were you, she a.. she a" I sniffled my nose, when the words wouldn't emerge from my mouth. "wouldn't even look at me. B-Before I could process her words she started to spit in my face. I-I felt so helpless. I couldn't do anything to stop her. I mean I guess I could have moved but my body froze. It wasn't until I saw others recording me that I ran and that's when I lost control. I didn't know what to do. You weren't around and I felt so numb. I needed a release. So, I-I scrummaged through our garbage and found a pop can and used the tab as a blade. But the worst part is that I lied to you." 

"What do you mean? About being clean?"

"Umm No...I told you that I had a sharp pain after you tickled me but you were really sitting on my cuts. I'm sorry Demi. I'm sorry I disappointed you and let you down. I'm sorry I let weakness get the better of me. "

"Oh baby girl. Where do I begin? First of all You didn't let me down and you are far from weak. Just by telling me the truth makes you so much stronger than the average person. Now for the tough stuff." She gulped. "I want to apoligize for the behaviour of my fans. I don't know what has gotten into them but I can promise you they aren't all like Emily. She isn't even one of my fans. My Lovatics know how much my family means to me and wouldn't hurt you like that. As far as the cutting, I know how you felt then and I know how you feel now. I've been down that road and it's a rough one. Unfortunately, I didn't have somebody who caught me early enough to stop me. But even then I still managed to get myself out of my mess and you can too. Anytime you have the urge to cut again please come and find me. I promise you I will be there to help you out of your state. I promise you I am here. I will always be here for you. Forever and always."

"Thank you Demi. You are a better sister than I could ever have asked for." 

"That's what I do best!" She laughed taking out her phone. 

ddlovato: I am so sad to see a video of my own fan spitting on my baby sister. So extremely disappointed.

ddlovato: My fans should know by know that family is my everything and seeing this upsets me. 

ddlovato: Unfotunately that one fan has created a bad rep. for my Lovatics

ddlovato: I know my Lovatics would never do something so despicable and mean. After all I stand for this is unacceptable. 

From the constant notifications on my phone I knew that Demi had gone on a tweeting rampage. Not long after I got a bucket load of mentions from her fans telling me to stay strong. It was sweet of them to think of me even if they were only doing it to get Demi's attention. 

"Thanks Dems." 

"Anything for my baby girl." She smiled. "You look sad. Why?"

"Just in one of those moods."

"Anything I can do to cheer you up?" She asked genuinely. 

"I could go for a really long hug right about now." I admitted. Without hesitiation she jumped across the bed wrapping her arms around me, holding me as if it were her life's only purpose. I wrapped my arms around her body as well, fitting my neck in the crook of her shoulder where it belongs. 

Hugs are a magical thing. It's a different way of saying "I love you" in a thousand words without actually saying a thing. They are beautiful. It's plain and simple. I would choose a hug over anything every day. Especially one from my older sister.

Next Day
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Demi, Demi wake up!" I shouted. 

"Five more minutes.." She groaned.

"You don't have five more minutes. You need to get ready. Your supposed to be on Ellen in like two hours and we haven't even left yet."

"I'll be fine. Just five mor minutes that's all." She growled this time.

"Don't make me dump water on you. I'll do it."

"Okay,Okay I'm up." She jolted out of bed and into the shower. 

After the longest thirty minutes of my life she was finally ready enough to leave. When we got in the car I automatically scootched next to her and layed my head on her shoulder.

"You're face smells good." I blurted out. 

"Thanks, it's the Devonne." She giggled.

"I can tell." I chimed in.

After the lengthy car ride we finally arrived at the studio. We were immediatly carted into the dressing room and Jill started to do Demi's makeup. When Jill was done making Demi's face infinitely perfect she started playing around with my face. I think she was just doing it out of boredom. It's not like I'm actually going on the show. 

"Demi, you are on in 5." The stage manager called out. Apart from being interviewed Demi is singing with the vamps to promote their song Somebody to You. Personally I love that song. I wish it got more credit for its awesomeness. 

When it was time for Demi to go on stage I sat in the little back room watching her on the monitors. Everything was fine and dandy until the mention of one particular name. Mine.

A/N: Hope you liked it! I told you I would update today!

Next Update: Wednesday?

Early Update: 20 comments and 85 votes. 

BTW- go check out Just Another Lovatic by demiiloveyou! It's a really good read!

Happy Reading, Stay Strong and God Bless!

~Riss