31 - "Justin's back."

Months had whisked away the time. It was already a new year and my birthday was only days away. I planned to fly back to California and spend my birthday with some friends out there. 20 was a big one. I was no longer in my teens and that meant partying like an official adult.

This time away had changed me. I was finally happy. Happy with myself, happy with being alone, just happy with everything. I'd stopped using any drugs that I had been using, with the help of a rehab for a couple weeks. I still drank, but very lightly and not often. I hadn't been on social media or in contact with anyone from the old phase, since I made sure to shut off my phone. I was at peace.

I said goodbyes to my parents and set out for the airport. A million things started flashing in my head during the drive and flight. What if Selena was waiting for me? What is she wasn't? What had happened while I was gone? I missed so much, I know it. 6 months is a long to be out of the loop of everything.

My flight was only a few hours. The familiar warm air of California hit my as I stepped off the plane. The scent of the salty ocean that I had longed for.

Scooter picked me up and dropped me off at my house, which, he'd been watching while I was gone. All that time that I had to be away and think made me realize how lucky and blessed I was.

I was back and ready to take the world by storm again.

Once I had settled back into my house and unpacked, the devices were turned on. I was actually scared to see what I'd missed. The first photo on my Instagram feed happened to be from Selena.

My eyes scanned the picture, causing my heart to drop into my stomach. It was a picture of her and a guy, the guy pressing his lips to her cheek. She had a big smile on her face. The caption read "Thankful for all the laughs I've shared with this sweet guy. Happy 6 months & many more to come :) @harrystyles".

Harry Styles? She was dating Harry Styles? What the fuck?

I immediately dialed my good friend Alfredo's number. He had been the photographer/camera guy for both of my tours and we'd become pretty close. He just so happened to be friends with Selena too.

The line was picked up seconds later. "Hey Justin. I thought you died." He chuckled.

"No, I'm still alive." I faked a chuckle. Laughing was the last thing I wanted to do right now. "I have a question..."

"What's up?"

"Selena and Harry? How.. why.. what..?" I asked, unable to spit out my words.

"Oh, yeah.. um, well.. Taylor hooked her up with him a few weeks after you left and they got to know each other and started dating. They just might be Hollywood's hottest couple this year." He said.

My heart was crushing. She didn't wait.. she just moved on immediately. I should have known better.

"How.. How does he treat her?" I needed to know if he was treating her well. She deserved it.

"Justin.." He let out a sigh.

"Alfredo, tell me. I need you to do this for me." My voice came out as desperate. I guess I was begging him.

"He treats her really well. She's super happy, he's happy, they're doing great. He got her a promise ring for Christmas. It's serious." He spoke every sentence with hesitation. He was worried about hurting my feelings.

I'm not gonna lie, I was hurt. But it was for the best intentions. She was finally happy and had what she deserved. I just wish that could have been me.

"Thanks, Fredo. We'll get together soon, okay?" And then I hung up. I needed to dwell in my sadness for a while.

She's happy, Justin. Be happy for her.

Selena's POV:

My life had changed drastically in 6 months. I'd grown more happy and free and more healthy in living. That night before Justin left showed me what I was missing. Love. Something he wasn't able to give me anymore. But I'd found someone who could. Harry.

Harry and I had been matched up by my best friend Taylor. He's an awfully sweet guy with a bad boy appearance, my favorite. We started talking and hanging out often. One thing led to another and now we've been dating for 6 months.

Harry wasn't very different from Justin. A lot of times I could see Justin through Harry's actions. Maybe that's why I was so happy with him. Harry was how Justin would have been if he hadn't cheated on me.

I missed Justin. So much. He had pretty much isolated himself from the world, which he needed. He had been through so much, because of me, and a break was good for him. I was just scared how he would react when he came back into reality and saw me with Harry.

I hadn't noticed my phone ringing until Harry nudged me.

"Earth to Selena?" He spoke, his British accent being evident in his voice. (That was one thing I loved about him.) A smile was on his lips.

"Huh, what?" I snapped out of my thoughts. "Sorry." I giggled.

"Your phone's ringing. It's Alfredo." He handed me my phone off of the table.

"Thanks sweetie." I kissed his cheek before moving my presence into the kitchen.

I answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Selena.." Alfredo said. He sounded flustered.

"What's wrong?" I asked worriedly. My free hand picked up a glass of water off the counter to take a sip.

"Justin's back.. He knows.."

After he said those words, the realization kicked in. Shock ran throughout my body. The glass I was holding dropped to the ground, shattering everywhere.

"Selena? You there?" Alfredo asked confusingly.

"Selena!" Harry ran into the kitchen. "What happened? Are you okay?" He ran over to me, touching my shoulder ever so softly.

The phone dropped out of my hand and then next thing I remember was everything going black.
_________________
whaaaaat Selena & Harry omg (btw that pic is the one that was the one Justin saw [i love Helena manips])

Don't forget to comment & vote!!
8+