40 - Nineteen {pt. 1}

Justin's POV:

I waited until Selena was in her house to pull off. Today had been the best day I'd had in over a month. Just being around her again made me happy, and I was super glad she was back in my life, for good. I was going to do everything in my power to make sure this worked out. Even if that meant controlling myself.

I drove over to Alfredo's house to finish up the planning for my party. I wanted it to be the biggest and best of the year, and so far, it was looking up to be.

I pulled in his driveway and hopped out of my car. I strolled to his door, bursting into his house. "Whaddup Fredo."

"Thanks for knocking." He chuckled, throwing a pillow at me from his position on the couch.

I caught the pillow, chucking it back at him. "I never knock, you know that." Walking to the couch, I plopped down next to him.

"What'd you do today?" He asked, flipping through the channels.

"Oh, nothing really.. just uh, took a shower.. ate lunch.. made out with Selena.." I tried to act nonchalant, but I knew Alfredo would make a big deal of this.

"What?!" He yelled in shock. "Selena's back in the picture?"

"Yeah, dude. We talked yesterday and sorted things out. We're gonna take things slow so we went to lunch today and I wanted to kiss her but it got heated." I shrugged.

"Bro, this is huge. Is she coming to your party?"

"Oh yeah. She's the one person I wanted there." My hand slid in my pocket, pulling out my phone.

"Dude, that's great. I'm really happy for you. But all those other hoes won't be." He smirked, nudging my arm.

I chuckled. "I don't need them. By the way Selena was acting today, I'll still be enjoying birthday sex."

"Ayeee!" He laughed, high-fiving me. "You better get you some of that."

"I almost did today forreal, but she wants me to respect her by taking things slow so ya know, I held out for her because I love her." I shrugged, scrolling through my Twitter feed.

"She's already got you whipped." Alfredo laughed as he pulled out the black book.

--

Saturday night rolled around quicker than expected. I'd been stacked all week-either in the studio, doing interviews, or finishing up the planning-so I wasn't able to see Selena. But tonight was my night, and I was going to devote it all to her.

I dressed in my fitted tux and slicked my hair back. The limo had been waiting to escort me for a while, but perfection can't be rushed. I sprayed some expensive cologne on and headed down to the stretch.

The party was already in full mode when I arrived. The music was blasting, people were stuffed in the club, everyone was dancing and having a good time.

My entrance was announced and greeted with applause and yelling. A big smile formed on my face as all my closest friends came over and patted me on the back or gave me a hug.

Alfredo was last to reach me. "Happy birthday bro." He leaned in, yelling over the music.

"Have you seen Selena?" I yelled.

He shook his head no, shrugging. I'd just arrived, so it wasn't a big deal that she wasn't there yet.

I just nodded, and blended into the crowd, drinking and having a good time, but I couldn't get my mind off of her.

Time was passing, and still there was no sight of Selena. I was beginning to get worried she wasn't going to come. It'd been at least an hour since I got here.

I stood by one of the couches, looking around for any clue of her being here, but I saw nothing. Just when I had given up, I felt a pair of hands cover my eyes.

"Happy birthday," her sweet voice whispered in my ear.

I uncovered my eyes, holding her hands as I turned around. A smile instantly took place on my face.

"You look.. wow.." I was speechless. She was wearing a strapless red dress, with her hair flowing down her back. It may have been simple to everyone else, but to me she was the most gorgeous girl in the world.

"Oh, stop.. This is your day. Look at you, you look so hot." She smiled up at me, her hand trailing down my chest.

"Since this is my day, can I do whatever I like for the night?" I smirked, my hands resting on her hips.

"Mm, I suppose." She returned the smirk, her arms sliding around my neck.

"Best birthday gift ever." I leaned down, mushing my lips to hers. We stood there kissing for minutes, until I decided to plop down on the couch and pull her on my lap.

My lips traveled to her neck as I began to leave wet kisses all over her sensitive skin.

"Mm, Justin.." She moaned out, stroking my head. "Don't you wanna go be with your friends?"

"No.." I mumbled against her skin. "I want to be with you all night." I pulled away from her neck to look up at her.

"But this is your night. We can be together whenever. You only have a birthday party once every year." She spoke softly, holding the side of my face.

"You're right.. but I couldn't care less about this party. Now that you're back in the picture, this is all I want. Just to be with you." I reached in my pocket, and pulled out a small black box. I spent the last few days finding the perfect gift for her.

"Justin, what's that?" She asked.

"I know we're not together right now, but I want you to know how serious I am." I opened the box, revealing the diamond ring that was in the shape of a J. "This is my promise to you. My promise that I'll be a better man for you, my promise that I'll wake up everyday and do everything to make you happy. My promise that I'll love you, and only you, forever and ever." I stared into her eyes as I spoke. My heart was pounding hard as I waited for her to respond.

"Oh my god.." She blinked away the tears, looking down at the ring. "Justin.. I.. I can't believe you did this for me on your day."

"Any day of mine is a day of yours too." I smiled, wiping away some tears on her cheek. "So, will you wear it?"

"Yes, of course." She smiled, watching me as I slid the ring on her finger. "It's gorgeous."

"I figured it's something to hold over until the real ring is on that finger." I winked, pulling her to my chest.

"You're perfect." She kissed my cheek, resting her head on mine.

"Come on, let's go party." I stood up with her, bringing her over to the dance floor and we danced away the best night of my life.
_______________
chapter dedicated to my bby Justin happy birthday babe enjoy your day <3

Don't forget to comment & vote!!