48 - The Drive Home.

Justin's POV:

"I can't stand her." I groaned, pacing around my living room as Za, Twist, and Ryan watched me.

"You're letting her get to you too much." Ryan sighed, leaning back on the couch.

"I am not!" I growled, my eyes meeting his.

"This is hilarious." Za let out a chuckle, his eyes locking with mine. "I know a way we could make this even funnier.."

I looked at him, a confused look on my face. "What are you talking about?"

"What if we make a little bet out of this situation..?" He smirked, standing up to be level with me.

"Like what?" My eyes never left his body. I was intrigued by what he was saying.

"You pretend to fall for her. Make her fall for you too, like head over heels. No matter what it takes. Then break her heart. Rip her to shreds. Ruin her like she's ruin you. She'll flee the scene because of her heartbreak. And you'll be king again." That sly smirk never left his face.

There were warning signals flashing in my mind as I thought about his proposition. No way, I thought. That's evil. But the other half of me, reigned with the idea of sending her from where she came from. Even if it took something this drastic.

"I'll do it."

My eyes were on the road as I drove home, but my mind was on her. I'd just walked out on her. Left her to bleed while I was undamaged. But that was the lie. I was damaged.

"Za.." I stared up at him, his body towering over me as I sat on the couch. A sigh escaped my lips. "I can't continue with this bet. I love her.."

"You love her?" He scoffed, rolling his eyes. "You don't love her. You love what she does for you. The sex, the publicity.. that's it. Don't tell yourself that's love." He words were filled with venom.

"I..." My eyes wandered down to my feet. I'd been dating Selena for 8 months now, most of that time being spent away from her. Apparently, Za had hired Yovanna to lure me into cheating on Selena, to cause the pain to be even worse of her.

"You know it's true." I felt his eyes drilling holes into the back of my head.

Sighing again, I stood from my position. "I'm not doing this anymore. I've hurt her too much. I'm done with the cheating, the bet. I love Selena, and I'm done." I started to walk away, but didn't get very far before he rebutted.

"Quit now, and I'll ruin your career forever. Remember our little deal? You back out, you lose everything as I release this, your plan, to the media."

Those words stopped me in my tracks. Was Selena really worth losing my whole life's working over?

As I thought back on all of our memories, my heart clenched. The way she looked in the morning light, the way her face scrunched up when she snickered at something stupid or silly I did, her eyes lightening up when they saw me. She was worth it. She was worth losing everything and more for.

I was such an asshole for breaking her heart, once again.

Except this time, I knew I wouldn't be getting her back.

____________
short lil chapter just to kind of give a back story to the previous chapter since I kind of left you guys hanging there ;)

Don't forget to vote and comment!!