30 - Closure

Justin's POV:

I walked into my house after Selena left, regret flowing through me. There it was-the opportunity to, not necessarily have my Selena back, but to be able to be around her, maybe even hold her some. And I fucked it up, like usual.

I'd been too consumed with Selena that I hadn't recognized all the missed phone calls I had. When I slid out my phone, there was a ton from my mom, Scooter, and others who were worried.

I figured I needed to call my mom first.

I tapped her name on the screen and held the phone up to my ear, waiting. Not even three seconds later, she answered.

"Justin! Oh my god, are you okay? What happened?!" She frantically spit out her questions.

"Mom, calm down.." I took a seat on the couch. "I'm fine, now. I got arrested for damage of property. It's all good."

"Good?! Justin, you got arrested! This isn't good!" Her tone changed from worry to anger-well, the angriest she could get out. My mom didn't have a mean bone in her body. "Justin, this is everywhere. It's all over the internet, the news on tv.. it's crazy."

"What?" I grabbed the remote from the table and hit the power button, giving life to the big flat screen hanging on the wall in front of me.

"Justin Bieber, the sweet popstar we've known for years, has finally hit the edge. After months of trouble with drugs and alcohol, or incidents with the police, he's finally been arrested on charges for damage of property." The news reporter spoke into the camera.

"Shit," I muttered. "Mom.. what am I gonna do?"

"You need to come home. Take a break from everything in California. Sweetie, we miss you." She spoke with such gentleness.

She had a good idea. I did need a break after having a terrible break up on top of a world tour. And I missed my siblings.

"Alright, mom. Just give me a day to settle things. I'll fly out early tomorrow." I chewed on my bottom lip.

"Okay, darling. Be careful. I love you, you know that?"

"I know, I love you too." A small smile spread across my lips. Even when I had no one left, my mom would still be by my side.

We ended the call a few minutes later. But I wasn't done yet.

If I was going to be leaving for a while, I had to have closure. I couldn't be worrying about Selena while I was back in Canada, because then my escape would be pointless.

I hopped off the couch and made my way outside to my car. The drive took 10 minutes to reach her house.

As I pulled in the driveway, I noticed the damage immediately. There was dried egg and shells all over the sides of her house, glass on the ground, and her car had stains from the eggs. A rush of guilt hit me.

I stepped out of my car, taking my wallet with me. She would take my money or I'd force her to.

As I passed the window, I saw her sitting on the couch. She looked sad. Just staring at the tv screen, which happened to be on a news channel, talking about me. I sighed. She worried too much about me.

I reached the door and knocked a couple times.

A few moments later, the door was pulled open to reveal her petite body.

"Justin?" She looked confused.

I brushed past her, without invitation. I wasn't taking any nos.