21 - Birthday {pt. 2}

Selena's POV:

There are some things that you just spent all your time wishing for, but you never get the pleasure of having that wish granted. As I blew out the flames on the eighteen candles, I realized that this was one of those instances.

My eyes fluttered up, the warm light from the sun radiating on my face. As I awoke, a smile was already bore onto my face. Today was the day of my eighteenth birthday, but most importantly, today was the day that I'd finally get to see my Justin after almost three weeks.

I jumped out of bed and made my way into the kitchen to cook break. I could just call room service since I'm in a hotel, but it's not the same as a good cooked meal.

I was greeted by Taylor and a few other ladies in the kitchen, a big breakfast set out on the table of anything is want and more.

"Happy birthday!" They yelled in unison, their voices full of excitement.

"Oh my god." I laughed, not being able to contain my happiness. My friends were the best.

"We wanted to surprise you." Taylor said, walking over to me and giving me a big hug.

"This is definitely a surprise. Thank you ladies. You are the best." I smiled at them.

"We're treating you to a girls' day all day." Gigi smiled at me. "Let's eat so we can get started on our adventure."

"Okay." I giggled, sitting down at the table with them. "Just so you know, Justin's flying out today. When he gets here, he's gonna tag along most likely."

"Are you sure he's flying out?" Taylor gave me a look of doubt.

"Yes, Taylor. Justin promised me he'd come and he doesn't break his promises. I trust him." I took a bite of the blueberry pancakes.

"Okay. I just don't want to see you sad today. It's your day."

"I'm gonna be happier than ever." I reassured her with a smile. I didn't realize it then, but I had been reassuring myself too.

The day seemed to pass by with a breeze. We spent the first couple hours shopping at different places throughout New York City. Around 3 o'clock, we headed to the spa to have a relaxation massage and then had our nails and hair done at the salon. I had had a pampering day.

It was 6 o'clock when I returned to my room. We had separated to get ready for the big party tonight in my honor. Celebrities from all over the world were going to be there but I only cared about one showing up.

Justin hadn't texted me or called me yet, I figured it was just because he wanted to surprise me.

It neared 8 o'clock and there had been no signs of Justin yet. Whatever he had planned was starting to worry me.

If on cue, my phone lit up with his name. My heart started to race in my chest as I quickly answered. "Justin, hey! Are you at the airport? I'll come get you!"

He started talking and I immediately sensed something was wrong by his nervous tone. "Hey baby. There's a problem.. Scooter scheduled two shows tonight, and there's no way I can get around them. I'm not going to be able to make it."

My heart dropped. The one thing I wanted for my birthday was to see him and he wasn't going to be able to make it. All the hopes and excitement I had flew out the window. "Oh..," was all I could say. "That's fine, Justin. I understand. We can celebrate another time when you're free."

"It's not fine Selena. You know I don't break my promises, and I feel like shit." He let out a deep sigh. "The next available flight is in two days and I'll be out there then with your gifts. I'm so sorry princess."

I wanted to be with Justin, but in the moment I was stubborn and didn't want anything from him. "Justin, you have no control over that. Just come when you can, don't feel bad about this. I love you." I tried not to sound sad, but that was impossible. My whole body ached.

"I love you Selena. I really do. Have a wonderful birthday. I promise I'm gonna treat my beautiful princess to a wonderful night when I get there." He tried to cheer me up which his words but it wasn't happening. I didn't want to talk to him anymore.

"Thanks, Justin. I gotta go, Taylor's here. But I'll talk to you later. I love you." I quickly hung up, not allowing Justin to respond. I knew he could tell I lied about Taylor showing up.

Suddenly, I didn't feel like partying. The night went on and I attended my party, but I wasn't there in spirit. My thoughts were somewhere else. I tried my hardest to seem happy in pictures and videos but happiness wasn't an existing emotion in my life right now.

The four layer cake was brought out for me. I stood on a stage in front of everyone to see. There are some things that you just spent all your time wishing for, but you never get the pleasure of having that wish granted. As I blew out the flames on the eighteen candles, I realized that this was one of those instances.

Everyone clapped and cheered as the flames went out, taking with them the flames I had inside me.

On the outside, today seemed like the perfect day. But on the inside, I wanted nothing more than to crawl under the covers and wish this day away.

_____________
this was sad to write bc it was in her perspective :(

Don't forget to vote & comment!!!
7+