17 - Goodbyes & Hellos

Two months had come and gone in a flash. I never thought that this day would come, and I didn't want it to be here. I'd be without my Justin for months, god knows how many.

He had sold out all of his shows, which were all over the world. That was amazing. I hoped that I could do that one day like him.

My album was set to release next week, so once he left I'd be constantly promoting for about 3 weeks all around the U.S. We both had a busy schedule and this was the opportunity we had to show our strength in all the time we'd be away from each other.

I was going to miss him. Justin had been a part of my everyday routine for 3 months. I'd become accustom to being able to talk to or see him whenever I wanted, but that wasn't going to be possible anymore. For most of his tour, we'd be on different time zones, which was going to be difficult for us. We can make it work thought. I just know we can.

I was driving Justin to the airport so we could spend our last moments together. I made sure to drive as slow as possible so we could have more time.

"Baby, come with me.. I can't live without you for 9 months." Justin's voice sounded so sad.

"I wish I could, because you know I would in a heart." I glanced at him, grabbing his hand and giving it a soft squeeze.

"I know. I promise I'll call whenever I can and we'll Skype. When I have a few free days, I'll fly back and spend some time with you." He brought my hand up to his mouth, and planted a soft kiss on my skin.

"I'm holding you to those promises." I smiled in a jokingly manner.

No matter how much I didn't want to, I had to let him leave. We had arrived at the airport but I didn't want him to leave me. I wish I could be selfish enough to make him stay, I know he would. I couldn't do that though.

He noticed we were at the airport because he let out a deep sigh. "Just say it Selena. Tell me not to go and I'll stay."

"Justin, I'd love that, but I'm not gonna hold you back from doing what you love. After a few days, you'll start having a great time and enjoying all the attention you'll get. Enjoy your time in all those countries with the fans." I forced a smile to my best ability. This was hurting me already.

He shook his head. "Not without you. I'm gonna get you something from every place I go and send them to you at random times so you'll know I'm always thinking about you." He leaned forward, engulfing me in a giant hug.

I wrapped my arms around him tightly, burying my head in the crook of his neck. I had to be strong for him. The tears started to well up in my eyes, but I couldn't let them go because Justin wouldn't leave if I did.

We hadn't said it yet, but the 'L' word was both ready to be let go from our vocabularies. It had been 3 months and I was just waiting on Justin, because I knew I loved him. I didn't rush things if he wasn't ready yet.

He stroked my back soothingly, his chin rested on my head. I heard him take a deep breath before he opened his mouth to speak. "I love you, Selena.."

My heart stopped in my chest when I heard those three words. They broke my emotion dam, and everything was let loose.

Tears started streaming down my cheeks, out of happiness and sadness. "I-I love you t-too, Justin.." I stuttered, trying to control myself. I couldn't deal with him leaving. He was my world, and without him around I had nothing to look forward to.

"Oh, baby.. don't cry." He held my face in his hands, gently swiping away my tears as they fell. "Shhh, don't cry. Everything will be okay. We're going to make this work. I love you, princess." He pressed his lips against my forehead.