38 - "Can we talk?"

The performance had been better than I expected. The crowd enjoyed my song, and showered me with praise when I finished. As I walked backstage, everyone I passed expressed how much they loved the song. I was on cloud nine right now.

Walking to the dressing room, I was abruptly stopped by a hand grabbing my arm. I turned around to meet the mysterious person and was greeted by someone all too familiar.

"Justin..?" I asked quietly, my breath stuck in my throat.

"Selena, can we talk?" He asked sheepishly, looking into my eyes.

"Uh, y-yeah.." I stuttered as I spoke. I haven't spoken to Justin in a month, so I was nervous around him. Just like the first time we met, even though he hated me I still admired him.

We walked into the dressing room, Justin closing the door behind us. I took a few steps back, my eyes trailing over his body. He looked happier and healthier than I'd ever seen him, which made me happy but also sad.

"That performance.." He started.

"I, yeah.. I figured that if you were telling people stuff, I could too. Mine just so happened to be in a positive light." I said.

"Selena.." A sigh was released from his mouth.

"No, Justin. You've been bashing me for a month. I understand that you have the right, but then again, you don't. If anyone does, it's Harry, but even he's over it. Yeah, I lied to you and I'm sorry. But you've literally said something mean about me to everyone in Hollywood. That's not okay."

He opened his mouth to speak, but I interrupted him.

"I'm done with being a punching bag. I'm sorry Justin. But I'm moving on from that, and I'm gonna let people know my faults. And that I've grown from them. And I'd appreciate it if you could just stop.. stop insulting me, please. It really hurts." I finished with a huff.

Justin's eyes fell to the floor, like he was gathering thoughts into words.

"I'm sorry too, Selena. I've only been saying that stuff because I was hurt. Hurt that I lost you again. I'm not really sure why I turn into a dick when I've been hurt, but I'm sorry. I honestly didn't mean anything I've said, I just wanted to hurt you too. I'm sorry.." He nervously let his words out. I could tell by his tone he was being honest.

"Selena, I still love you. And I know you know me better than to think I don't. I'll admit we've had a rough couple of years together, but I'd love to start fresh. A clean slate, just us. Like it's always meant to have been." This time when he spoke, his eyes found mine. They were full of passion, full of truth.

His words had the same effect on me that they did when we were together. My heart was racing at a hundred miles per second.

"I'd like that too, but no rushing into anything this time. Let's be friends and take our time developing this relationship. As long as you are okay with that, I won't waste time with anyone else and I hope you won't either." I kept eye contact with him, holding my ground. If I wanted to be better, I needed to let him know I was strong and I didn't need him if he didn't need me.

"I can do that. I'll wait forever if that means I can have you." His face lit up slightly as he spoke, which caused me to smile.

"Okay then.." I smiled at him.

"Can I hug you? Is that acceptable?" He smiled back.

"It is." I nodded, appreciating his respect for not rushing into this.

He stepped towards me, engulfing me tightly into his arms. I instantly melted in his grip, as mine wrapped around his waist and my head rested on his chest. My heart was pounding and by what I could hear, so was his. It's nice to know that after everything we've been through, our feelings are still the same.

"I loved the song, by the way.." He whispered into my ear.

That caused a big smile to form on my lips. "Really?" I whispered back. "I was scared you wouldn't.."

"Selena, I love all of your music, even if I put up a front." He chuckled lightly, looking down at me.

"Like the first time we met?" I giggled. "You hated me, oh my god. For no reason."

"Shut up." He laughed. "I didn't like the attention you were getting."

"It hurt your ego, didn't it?" I smirked playfully up at him.

"Don't go there, Gomez." He glared at me jokingly.

I smiled, pulling away from the embrace slowly. "Oh, so we're at a last name basis again, Bieber?"

"You could say that, Gomez." He nudged my arm. "I need to get going, I have to present soon. But hey, lunch tomorrow? My treat."

"Sounds great." I smiled, watching him as he walked out of the room.

My heart was full of life and I was happier than ever.
__________________
eeek Justin and Selena finally talked! are you guys happy about how it went? :)

Don't forget to vote & comment loves!! <3