14 - "The cat's out of the bag."

The sound of rain lightly pattering against my window woke me up. I expected to roll over and see Justin next to me like I had become accustom to, but I was wrong. We had returned from Maui a week ago.

Justin and I had been officially dating for almost two weeks, and it'd been perfect so far. The four days we spent in Maui as a couple were phenomenal. He took me on dates all throughout the island, to spots no one even knew existed. We shared our first actual sober kiss underneath a waterfall and it had been more than what I could ever expect a first kiss to be like. Everything about Justin and they way he treated me was perfect.

I hated that I couldn't wake up next to him everyday. He used to start my day off right, but I guess I'll settle for seeing him an hour after I wake up instead.

The paparazzi hadn't caught us out and about yet, so our relationship was still pretty secret. The Billboard Music Awards were tomorrow and Justin and I had planned to make our first appearance as a couple there.

I rolled over, grabbing my phone off of my nightstand. I had 3 missed texts from Justin.

From: Justin <3

goodmorning my beautiful princess :)

WAKE UP I miss uuuuu

ok well i'm on my way over bc I miss u so get up babe

My lips turned upward into a big smile as I read his messages. There wasn't a minute in the day that Justin wasn't making me happy. He fulfilled all my expectations for a relationship and more so.

I typed up a response, then pressed send.

To: Justin <3

goodmorning love :) see you in a few!

Stepping out of my bed, I made my way into the bathroom and took a shower. Then I changed into a loose fitting grey shirt with some black leggings and black combat boots. I jogged down the stairs to the kitchen, but I noticed a figure plopped on the couch. Justin.

Sneaking up behind him, I planted a big kiss on his cheek. "Hey hottie."

His head turned towards me, a smile on his lips. "Oww oww. Hey my lovely lady. Come here." He patted his lap, signaling for me to sit on him. I moved around the couch, taking a seat in his lap.

We both leaned in, mushing our lips against each others. Every kiss that we shared felt like the first one. There was something special about Justin, and I could tell that I'd be with him for a long time.

"I figured we could go out for breakfast, there's this new place that apparently has great pancakes." He looked at me, brushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

I nodded. "I'd like that."

We never thought about what would happen in public, we just did things. Justin and I weren't ashamed of our relationship, we were willing to tell the whole world.

He stood up, holding my body in his arms, as he exited the house and walked to his car. The rain had stopped, but the sky was still overcast.

Justin held my hand as he drove, something I noticed that he would always do. It was a small gesture, but it never failed to get my heart racing. His thumb softly stroked over the back of my hand.

He was the cutest thing I'd ever seen. Sneaking a picture of him, I decided to post it on Instagram. I wanted everyone to know he was mine.

We arrived to the restaurant a few minutes later. Justin stepped out and walked around to my side, opening the door for me.

"Thank you." I greeted him with a smile, and stepped out of his black Range Rover before walking in the restaurant hand in hand.

After we ate, we had been asked to take a photograph to be placed on the wall with the others of celebrities who ate there. We accepted kindly, and then proceeded to leave.

There was one problem waiting for us though. The paparazzi.

The crowd of men with cameras were surrounding Justin's car, blocking us from access. Once we walked outside, they noticed us and immediately began capturing pictures and yelling questions at us.

"Selena! Justin! Are you two dating?"

"How long has this been going on?"

"We all thought you hated each other!"

Justin held onto my hand tightly as he led me through the group of paparazzi to his car. They were pushing and fighting each other to get pictures of us together. It was practically pandemonium that Justin and I were together.

Justin managed to get me into the car before he made his way into his side.

He let out a sigh. "God, I hate paparazzi."

The key was turned to the right, starting the ignition, but we couldn't go anywhere. Paparazzi surrounded the car.

I shielded my face my with my hand. "Justin, please go."

"I'm trying babe, I can't hurt these guys." The car started rolling forwards, causing the paparazzi to move. Once they were all out of the way, Justin pressed the gas and we took off.

"I think the cat's out of the bag now, babe." He chuckled, sliding his fingers in between mine.

"Well, get ready for the calls from everyone." I giggled, looking out the window. Realization hit me that we haven't told Scooter, and he's going to flip.

As if on cue, Justin's phone began to ring with a call from Scooter. He looked at me, signaling me to answer it.

I picked up the phone, and pressed answer, putting the call on speaker. "Hey Scooter."

"Selena? Oh my god, it is true... You two need to get over to my house ASAP." He didn't sound mad, but nervous almost. There was a hint of fear in his voice too.

"What's wrong, Scoot?" Justin spoke up, turning onto the highway to lead us to Scooter's.

"I need to talk to you both in person. See you soon." He hung up, ending our call. The fear in Scooter's voice was scaring me, and Justin could tell.

"Baby, don't worry about Scooter. He's done this before. It's probably just the talk about being careful about what we say and do and stuff like that." He ran his thumb over my hand, soothing me.

Two hours later, I was laying in my bed alone. The talk at Scooter's house had went terrible. He yelled at us for being so irresponsible, recommended that we end the relationship, and then told us that Justin had a world tour coming up in a couple months, which meant he'd be practicing and getting ready until he left. The stars had not aligned in our favor.

I had told Justin to take me home, I wasn't in the mood to be around anyone. I wasn't mad at him, and I reassured that multiple times. I just needed some time to think about this.

I knew that I wasn't going to end things with Justin. Something like this wasn't going to ruin our relationship. There just needed to be rules set before he left since we'd be apart for so long. Trust was going to be big during this time as well as honesty. This was perfect timing for Justin to prove his loyalty to me, and I was really putting my faith in him that he could do it. I just hope he didn't prove me wrong.

------------------------
this was kinda just a filler episode so I'm sorry if you think this is boring. :)

Don't forget to vote my lovelies <3