39 - Just one.

The next day was full of sunshine and smiles.

I awoke that morning energized and ready to take on the day. Justin and I would be going out for lunch and maybe spending some needed quality time together. The only thing I was worried about were the paparazzi.

Once I exited my shower, I was greeted with a text from Justin.

From: Justin

good morning gomez ;) can't wait to see u later I'll pick u up at 2

My lips formed into a smile as I read his text. Justin never failed to make me smile.

I decided on something simple for our lunch: black jeans and a black tank top with a chambray shirt and combat boots. With a quick run of the straightener over my hair and some light makeup, I was ready for lunch.

Justin arrived just when he said he would. A knock on my door signaled his arrival. This wasn't even a date, yet I was nervous.

I gave myself a once over in the mirror before jogging down to the door and opening it. Justin was dressed in a jean shirt with black jeans as well.

"How ironic." I giggled, looking at his outfit.

"Great minds think alike." He smirked, pulling me in for a hug. "Ready to go?"

"Yup." I smiled, closing the door behind me as we made our way to his car.

Once we reached the car, Justin opened the car door for me.

"How sweet." I smiled at him, stepping into the car.

"Do I get a thank you?" He smirked, turning his face so his cheek was facing my direction.

"Always expecting something in return." I giggled, leaning in and mushing a kiss on his cheek.

"I just wanted some sugar." He winked at me before closing my door and going to his side to get in.

Once he was in, he started the car and started on his way to our end destination.

We finished our lunch an hour later, an hour full of laughs and catching up. I truly missed Justin and how he was so easy to be around.

He paid for our meals and then we headed out. But we were greeted with unwelcoming guests.

Paparazzi.

"Selena!"
"Justin!"
"Are you two back together?!"

Their cameras flashed almost as loud as they were yelling. Out of instinct, Justin grabbed my hand and lead me through the crowd to his car and helped me in. I kept my face covered until we were out of sight.

"I truly hate them," Justin grumbled.

"Me too." I sighed, fixing my hair.

"I'm sorry they ruined our lunch." He glanced at me, biting his lip.

"No, they could never ruin my time with you." I looked at him, smiling as I placed my hand on his thigh.

"Selena, you're killing me right now." Justin groaned as he gripped onto the steering wheel.

"What am I doing wrong?" I questioned curiously.

"I'm so attracted to you. It's really hard for me to not touch you or kiss you. God, I've wanted to kiss you all day." He kept his eyes on the road.

And I've wanted to kiss him. But we needed to take things slow. "I really respect your control though. It shows you care."

"Just.. just one kiss. Please Selena." He pulled into my driveway and turned off the car.

I bit my lip. He was so hard to say no to, but I think it was harder to say no to myself.

"Okay, one kiss. Nothing more."

"One kiss, I promise." He smiled at me, placing his hand on my cheek.

"Make it worth it." I smirked slightly.

"I will." He leaned in, as did I, connecting our lips for the first time in a while.

Nothing changed. The sparks I felt were still the same, as were the way our lips fit together.

Justin held my face as our lips lingered on each other's. I may have said one kiss, but it just wasn't enough for me.

I continued our kiss, holding the side of his neck. He didn't have any hesitation to continue since he deepened our kiss.

With each lock, our lips deepened and deepened. Soon, I found my hands tangled in his hair and his tongue wrestling with mine. Justin's hand slid down to my butt, pulling me over to his side.

I straddled his lap, my hands tugging on the ends of his hair gently. He moaned against my lips softly, readjusting himself in his seat.

"Selena.." He mumbled, pulling away ever so slightly.

"Yes?" I breathed out.

"You're so sexy.. You're getting me excited." He spoke, resting his hands on my hips.

"Oh, am I?" I asked seductively, lowering myself until I was sitting on his lap. I could definitely tell his excitement.

"Selena." He groaned, biting his lip. "If you don't want me to go crazy, I'd stop. "

I leaned down and whispered in his ear. "Show me your crazy.."

Justin leaned back, closing his eyes. "Selena, no. I respect you. I care about you, and I love you. I'm serious about this relationship and we can't. We can't rush this."

"I.." I was completely in shock. Justin had said no to continuing. "Wow, I'm shocked.."

"I promised you that I was serious. When we start dating again, I swear we can do that whenever you want. But right now is a crucial time for us." His eyes met mine.

"Thank you, Justin. I really appreciate that." I couldn't help but smile at his gesture.

"You need to stop being so damn sexy, by the way." He chuckled, rubbing my thighs softly.

"I'm sorry?" I giggled, resting my hands on his chest.

"You should be. It's hard to control myself around you." He smiled, before leaning up and pressing a soft kiss on my cheek.

"Come inside with me. We can watch movies and cuddle." I grabbed his hands, holding them in mine.

"I wish, but I have to go get things ready for my birthday party Saturday." He said, looking at our hands.

Oh. my. god. I totally forgot about his 19th birthday being in 4 days.

"I'm invited, right?"

"You're at the top of the VIP list." He smiled up at me. "I'm really glad that you're gonna get to come. I was figuring that we wouldn't make up and I'd spend my birthday pretending to be happy."

"I wouldn't have missed it for the world, even if we weren't okay." I gave his hand a gentle squeeze.

"I'm gonna go ahead and go, see you soon?" I opened the door, crawling off his lap and getting out of the car.

"If I end up being busy, I'll see you Saturday." He leaned over, kissing my cheek. "But I promise I'll text you."

"Alright, be careful driving." I smiled at him before closing the door and making my way into my house.

This time was really going to be different. I could already tell.

________
hey loves I've been able to catch up on my writing bc it snowed and no snow but let's talk about that heated action ;)

Don't forget to comment & vote!!