37 - The heart.

Selena:

A month had pulled me along. I made seldom trips out into the public, not being able to face anyone. The paparazzi took every chance they had to capture my distress and the media was right behind them ready to blast me.

But I deserved it all.

I had made my amends with Harry. We met up at a hidden area, and talked about our relationship and what I did wrong. He didn't hate me, so I would consider that the best thing that's happened so far.

But Justin.. oh Justin.

He wouldn't answer my calls, texts, or even the door when I tried to see him. He absolutely despised me, and I didn't blame him. He didn't waste any time to let everyone else know how he felt about me either.

He had a different interview everyday, addressing what I had done and how he was so hurt and so on. He caused my downfall, and there was no remorse.

After the first two weeks, I'd decided to pick myself back up. The VMAs were in a few days, and I was going to make a "surprise appearance". I'd been working a lot on writing the perfect new song and I just so happened to have finished it in time for the show.

Scooter suggested that I sing it after I sang it for him. Only him, and Taylor have heard it. It's going to be a new releasing the world, a new releasing of the new Selena.

This past month has given me time to realize who I am. I am better than what is said about me, and I'm better than some approval of a boy. I'm going to be single and happy and no one can stop that.

--

I took a deep breath.

"Let's welcome our next artist.."

I felt the blood rushing from my heart to my head.

"Performing her new single.."

I couldn't do this. Everything in me wanted to turn and run away.

"Selena Gomez!"

The curtain fell, and so did my stomach. Everyone flicked their eyes up to me, my body, my eyes, waiting. Waiting for the words, for the music.

My eyes scanned the crowd. stopping at a pair that were all so familiar.

"This is for you," I said internally.

I opened my mouth, and the words flowed, blending with the music.

"You got me sippin' on something, I can't compare to nothing, I've ever known I'm hoping, that after this fever I'll survive.."

All across the room were silent gasps. And they weren't from the song.

Behind me, I had constructed a PowerPoint of pictures of Justin and I during our relationship to play while I sang. It was emotional, because we had so many memories I missed.

"The bed's getting cold and you're not here.. the future that we hold is so unclear.. but I'm not alive until you call, and I'll bet the odds against it all.."

While Justin's eyes were boring into me, the crowd's eyes were glancing back and forth between us two.

"Save your advice cause I won't hear.. you might be right but I don't care.. there's a million reasons why I should give you up.."

I found his eyes, locking the contact between us. I needed Justin to know how I felt about him, even if we weren't going to be together. And there's one line that would sum it up.

"The heart wants what it wants.."
____________________
ugh I skip around so much I'm sorry please don't hate me but here's a terrible POV from Selena and yeah don't bash me bc I used THWWIW bc I love that song and I didn't use all the lyrics I know don't hate

Don't forget to vote and comment!!<3