13 - Date Night

Selena's POV:

The day flew by fast, and before I knew it, the sun was shining through the window of Justin's bedroom. I had woken before the sunrise, my thoughts too chaotic for me to sleep much. Justin was sleeping right next to me, his arms wrapped around me from behind as out bodies shaped together.

This whole thing was too much to comprehend right now. Justin and I had decided to take things slow, go on a few dates and get to know each other before making anything official. Being in Maui was a lot easier for this, for us, to happen. No one around, no paparazzi, and no drama. But we only had 5 days left in Maui before we returned to California and back to our normal lives. Having a relationship with all of that would be complicated, and we need to make sure that we can be strong enough and devoted enough to not give in to them. And I wasn't sure Justin could do that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I don't trust Justin, but he doesn't have a very good track record when it comes to relationships. His last relationship with Barbara Palvin didn't run over so well, since he apparently cheated on her. And once a cheater, always a cheater. I did not want to be the girl who looked like a fool because I got cheated on.

There was so much I wanted to say to Justin but I couldn't throw everything out there at him. He needed to show me that he was into this in his own ways, not by me leading him to the right ways.

I laid there in deep thought as time passed by. I must have been thinking for a few hours because I felt Justin stirring slightly before he gave me a soft squeeze.

"Goodmorning, beautiful." He mumbled, pressing his lips to my ear.

His words had such an affect on me. That simple compliment was enough to send my heart racing.

I turned around in his arms so I was facing him. "Goodmorning, handsome."

His face lit up. "I'm not handsome.. but thanks for being sweet." His lips mushed against my cheek, leaving a wet kiss on my cheek.

"You're not handsome? Did you just hear yourself?" I giggled at his silliness. "You are the Justin Bieber. Girls fawn over you everyday because of how hot you are."

He shrugged, a smile on his face. "Sure. But I only want one girl to fawn over me everyday."

My pulse quickened. "Well, she'd be a very lucky girl if she got the chance to do that."

"I'd be the lucky one if she would accept my invitation to a date tonight.." He smiled at me.

I was freaking out on the inside. He just asked me on a date! "I think she would love to go on a date with you.." I returned the smile. Happiness pulsed through my body as I realized that I'd finally be going on a date with Justin.

It was 7:15 and I was officially 15 minutes late for being ready for our date. Justin was waiting downstairs for me. I had spent a long time finding something to wear, I needed to look really good for him. This first date was crucial to the rest of our 'relationship', if it happened.

I ended up choosing a pink dress that reached my mid thigh, and had ruffles on the end. I paired my dress with cream colored heels and stuck with straight hair.

My heart paced quickly in my chest as I descended the stairs. What if I didn't look good? What if Justin realized he didn't want to date me after this?

My eyes searched the living room for him, but his gaze was already one me. He was dressed in a white button up that was rolled up to his elbows, khakis, and brown loafers. His hair had a messy quiff in the front. He looked absolutely perfect.