4 - "She's not my type."

Justin's POV:

It had been only 2 weeks since Selena first debuted her song on the radio, and it had already went platinum. To say that I was pissed would be an underestimate. So much time and effort was being put into Selena, and it was infuriating me. This girl was making me look bad, and it was all because of Scooter.

I stormed into Scooter's office, slamming my hands down on his desk. "Have you seen the charts? Have you been reading the articles? She's making me look bad!"

He leaned back in his chair, unfazed by my attitude. "I've heard, Justin. It's only been a couple weeks, of course she's going to get publicity. She's doing nothing wrong."

"Not mine!" I yelled. "She's a stupid girl who can't sing and uses autotune to sound good and she thinks that people like her but they don't!"

Scooter cleared his throat, looking over my shoulder. I turned around to see Selena standing in the doorframe. Fuck.

She had her eyes locked on mine, and the scary thing was I couldn't tell what kind on look she had in them. "Scooter, I just wanted to talk to you about something... but it seems like I'm interrupting something."

Scooter stood up, walking in between me and Selena. I was frozen in place. I guess this was the part where my point was finally driven home. If that wasn't anything to discourage her, I don't know what would be.

But deep down inside, there was a small part of me that felt bad about saying those things. I shook it off and watched their interaction.

"No, it's fine Selena, what's up?" He turned his back to me, facing her.

Selena looked at me, raising an eyebrow, before moving her attention back to Scooter. "Alone."

I wanted to apologize for my episode that just happened, but I couldn't do anything except walk out of the room. My heart raced at a thousand miles per hour, and not in a good way. Girls are intimidating, and to be honest, I was scared if she was going to use my words against me.

-------------

I sat on the couch with Za and Twist as we watched The Ellen Show. Selena was on today, and they wanted to see her.

Za had his eyes glued to the TV. "Dude, she's hot. Why aren't you hitting that?"

I rolled my eyes for what seemed like the hundredth time. The only thing they'd been saying for 10 minutes was how hot she was. "She's not my type."

"That's a lie." Twist looked directly at me. "And you know it. She's exactly your type, but you're too prideful because she's on your label. You're too butthurt because now you have to share for once in your life."

"Shut the fuck up, Twist. You don't know shit about me." I growled, grabbing the remote. Right as I was about to change the channel, I heard my name.

Ellen sat in her chair, looking at Selena as they spoke to each other. "So, let me ask you about Justin.. you two must be around each other a lot, sharing the same label. You must know him pretty well?"

Selena quickly turned her smile into a pout. "No... Justin doesn't like me.."

Ellen's eyes slightly widened. "What do you mean? How can he not like you?"

I could tell this was going to be bad. "Well, he told me to face that I was a stupid girl who only uses autotune to sound good." The crowd gasped. Twist and Za turned their gazes towards me. And I couldn't deny it.

"I had a whole book full of songs that I left at the studio one day, and he burned it." A sigh escaped her lips as he eyes fell to her lap. "All my songs I'd written over the years, gone. He constantly calls me names and is just such a jerk. I haven't ever done anything to him."

I jumped to my feet, full of rage. "That's a fucking lie! That stupid bitch." She was lying to make me look bad! I didn't do those things!

Twist and Za said nothing. Did nothing. They didn't believe me, I could tell. Not only had she taken my spot on the charts, she was taking my friends as well.

I've had enough of this shit. I grabbed my keys and headed out the door to stop this once and for all.