CHAPTER TWENTY

Just an FYI, being a retired nurse I do not know proper court proceedings, and proper witness testimony.  I made up this whole court scene as a way to rid us of Polen. Please overlook any legal mistakes and enjoy this little bit longer chapter. Thank you for reading.

The next couple of week's things moved rapidly, as Polen and Yigit's parents came to Istanbul from England.  They wanted the trial over with quickly, as there was too much publicity. They hired a lawyer and paid a lot of money for him to discredit Can and Sanem. They told him to lie and get false evidence and they would pay him double.  If he got Yigit out of jail, they would pay him even more.

  If he got Yigit out of jail, they would pay him even more

The day of the trial came and media were everywhere.  Can and Sanem were called, as witnesses for the Prosecutor's case against Polen.  Sanem is almost seven months pregnant and she is worn out.  Reporters are following she and Can everywhere. Fortunately, she is mostly staying home with either Can or family members staying with her at all times, as they did not trust Polen's family to not harm Sanem.

Metin was sitting with the Prosecutor, as a representative of the Divit's.  The Prosecutor started by calling Sanem to the stand.  Sanem steps forward and is assisted up the steps, by the Prosecutor, to the witness chair and sworn in to tell the truth.

She answered truthfully, that she did not know the reason why Polen continues attacking her or her children

She answered truthfully, that she did not know the reason why Polen continues attacking her or her children.  She and Can have been married for over two years and are very happy. Yes, Polen has been causing problems from the very beginning when she and Can started dating.

The Prosecutor paused to enter police evidence of Polen's attempt to drug Sanem and Can, when Polen was conspiring with Fabri.  He also, entered police evidence of Polen's part in Sanem's kidnapping.

He then turned the witness over to the Defense Attorney.  Polen sat smirking as he stood. The attorney started by asking Sanem if she is sure the babies she is carrying are Can Divit's.  Sanem calmly said, "Yes, I am."

The attorney pulled papers from his file and said, " I want to offer these pictures as evidence that Sanem Aydin has been cheating on Can Divit."  Can was so angry that he started to stand but Aziz and Nihat were seated both sides of him and held him down.