CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

I am still in a hinged brace for another 4 to 6 weeks and physical therapy twice a week.  Last MD visit I discovered that I had not only dislocated elbow but also, an Avulsion fracture.  This takes more time for the tendons and ligaments to heal.  Thank you for your support, kind words, and for reading.  Just an FYI reminder that most all of the photos used in this story are from Pinterest and are not mine.

The next few months were hard on Leyla, as she dealt with her divorce and taking care of her children. Her biggest concern was the children, especially her sensitive child Ahu, who at almost four understood a lot. The baby was still too young to understand what was happening. With the help of Sanem, Can, her parents, her in-laws, and friends, she had a lot of support. In fact, since Ayca' had made such a fuss and brought media attention to them, Leyla had a lot of public support.

Ayca' had given a TV interview where she revealed all of Emre's secrets about his apartment, and women. After she did the interview and gloated at the Divit's, Aziz gave the recording of Ayca' saying slanderous things about their family and how she was not pregnant with Emre's child to the reporter that interviewed her on TV. After this became public, Ayca's family sent her out of Turkey to Italy to live.

Leyla requested of the court, that Emre be ordered to see a counselor with their daughter Ahu at least once. She wanted a professional to help explain to Ahu what was going on, as the child adored her Baba. Throughout everything that happened, Leyla held it together with class and dignity.

As soon as possible after the meeting with the counselor, Emre left Turkey. He moved to New York in America with Huma leaving Ahu devastated. When Huma found out what Emre had been doing and had done to his family, she was very ashamed of how she had raised him. Can and Dede Aziz stepped in and became the male figures in Ahu and Altan's life. Friends of the family CeyCey, Metin, and even Osman helped with the children. Eren at his young age was the biggest help of all with Ahu, as he knew about loss of a parent.

The news media out of respect for Leyla and the Divit family left the family alone after Emre and Ayca' left Turkey. Metin learned that that Ayca' had never been pregnant in the first place.

Life settled down for all of the Divit's and the Aydin's and their friends. Can and Sanem still had monthly dates with all of the grandparents staying with the triplets. On one of their weekend dates, when the children were two, Sanem suggested that Can start taking weekend trips for his photography. She had been able to continue writing her books, with Can's help at home, but she felt he was missing his regular photo trips. He had only taken  very few since the children were born. After much discussion, and arguing on Sanem's part, Can agreed to take three days a month for himself.

He found that he enjoyed his trips, but he enjoyed coming home more. It was good for the whole family. He was able as the children grew older and potty training was completed to spend an additional day or two, but he wanted to be home more than he wanted to take photos. He was able to prepare a book of photos of local National Forests, around the Turkey area that was published, and became a best seller.

 He was able to prepare a book of photos of local National Forests, around the Turkey area that was published, and became a best seller