CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

When Sanem went back into the dining area, Ahu said, "Teyze Sanem happy." Sanem said, "Yes sweetie, my best friend is coming to visit."

Ahu said, "My bestest friend is you. Can I come play?" Sanem looked at Leyla and said, "If okay with your Anne and Baba, you can come play one day, while she is here." She certainly didn't want to say the child couldn't come, but did not want to overstep, if Leyla didn't want her child to see Ahyan.  After all, she is Osman's sister.

Leyla just told Ahu, that they would have to see when Ayhan got here, if they had time to come play. Nobody mentioned anymore that evening about Ayhan coming to visit.

After everyone left, Sanem asks Can if he is still okay with Ayhan coming. Even though they had already discussed it, she wanted to double check. He hugged her and told her, he was fine with her coming, and happy for Sanem to spend time with her friend. Sanem told him that she will be happy for Ayhan to come and maybe CeyCey will get to come visit some while she is here. Especially since it seems like Ayhan could be his true love.

The next day at work, everyone was asking Can if he had gotten good news because he was in such a good mood. He was joking and laughing, and not his usual business-like Can. Can said, "No, I just feel good today, let's get to work." Emre came by and said, "He's happy that we both have a very good family that likes to babysit."

When Can got home from work, he and Sanem discussed the fact that they both felt refreshed and extra happy today

When Can got home from work, he and Sanem discussed the fact that they both felt refreshed and extra happy today. Not that they didn't love their children, but that their time away, as brief as it was, adulting was good for them. They decided to try and have a date at least once a month, maybe not stay overnight somewhere, but just a dinner or picnic just the two of them for a few hours.

A little later in the week Sanem and the children went to visit her parents. She had placed the children in their stroller buggy, and walked toward her Baba's store hoping to see both parents there.  As they got closer, she could hear her Baba yelling, and telling someone to leave.

A young boy about twelve came running out of the store, he sat down on the curb and started crying. Sanem took her babies to her parent's, as they were standing in front of the storefront. She asked her Baba what happened, and he just said, "He came into the store and wouldn't talk just mumbled. When I ask what he wanted, he just tried to give me money. I ran him out because he wouldn't tell me anything."

Sanem knew her Baba was very impatient, so she left her children with her parent's and went over to the boy. She sat down on the curb and said, "Hi, my name is Sanem. What is your name?"

  What is your name?"