CHAPTER SEVEN

The next day, Sanem received a package at her home.  She and Leyla were so excited to see what it was, as she has a birthday this week.  There was no name signed on the gift card with her name, and it was a gorgeous blue dress, and very expensive, according to Leyla.

Leyla said, "I bet it's from Can for your birthday and to wear to the party."  Sanem replied, "I'm not so sure, it doesn't feel right.  Can, wouldn't send a dress to me, and I am not even sure he knows it's my birthday."  Leyla was convinced, told her to surprise Can, and talked Sanem into wearing the blue dress to the party.

On Friday night, Sanem and Leyla arrived at the party together.   Can was already there with Emre, Aziz, and Fabri having a drink.   Fabri ran over to Sanem and tried to grab her in a hug, but of course, he got a shock.  He was saying, "I knew you would like my gift, so happy you wore it for me.  We will celebrate alone after this party."

Sanem was really shocked, and turned toward Can, he had a furious look on his face

Sanem was really shocked, and turned toward Can, he had a furious look on his face.  Fabri turned to Can saying, "Now Sanem can be my girl, on her birthday.  Look how good she looks in my gift."

Can put his glass down very carefully, and went toward the door, with Sanem walking right beside him.  They passed Polen on the way, as she tried to grab Can.  She said, "Sanem I knew you would like that dress, I helped Fabri pick it out for you."

When Can gets close to the end of the walkway, Sanem grabbed his arm, and said, "Can, stop I need to talk to you."

Can replied angrily, "Why did you tell me to never leave you alone with that man, if you are going to wear his gifts, and be with him tonight?   You made me promise, and now look at you, going off with him, alone

Can replied angrily, "Why did you tell me to never leave you alone with that man, if you are going to wear his gifts, and be with him tonight?   You made me promise, and now look at you, going off with him, alone.   What was that all about, if you are going to be his girl?"

Sanem said calmly, "Can, I need you to listen now.   Will you stop and listen for a minute." Can continued to speak angrily, not listen, and turned to leave.  Generally, he was plainly having a temper tantrum.  Sanem thought this will never do, so she stomped her foot, and Can froze in place.  When he started talking again, she put her finger on her lips and he hushed.   In fact, he could not open his mouth to respond.