CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR (Competed)

This is just a short update, as I am still restricted to mostly typing one handed. I will have at least four more weeks of physical therapy before I am released from hinged brace (which is a big pain to sleep in). I was told it would have been easier on me to have a fractured elbow instead of a dislocation!  Thank you for all of your kind words, thoughts, and prayers. Thank you for your patience with me and please please overlook any strange mistakes. Thank you for reading. I will continue to work on updates.

Previous chapter found Ayca' acting up in front of reporters and trying to move into Leyla and Emre's house. Aziz was with Leyla and the two of them showed lots of class and Ayca' was rude to everyone. She had already said the baby was not Emre's and Aziz had a recording of her statement. Ayca' was arrested, for damaging property, and a restraining order was added. Surprisingly, no one in the family realized that Emre had an apartment for sleeping with women. Leyla and her children are still staying with Sanem and Can.

The next day, Can received a call from Metin, their attorney. Metin had found Emre and his apartment, but he wanted to talk with Can before he reported to Leyla. After Can heard what Metin had to say, he got the address from him and phoned Aziz. They decided to go see Emre first before telling Leyla where Emre was staying.

When they arrived at the apartment, they rang the bell and waited. Emre was expecting a grocery delivery so he did not even check the door camera before opening the door. He was shocked to see his Baba and Can, he tried to close the door, but Can pushed it open and they entered.

Aziz knew Emre very well, because he was so like Huma, so he did not say a word. He knew that the silence would make Emre start making excuses and try to explain more quickly than questions. He had warned Can to keep quiet and see what Emre had to say.

For about two minutes, the three of them just stood and looked at each other, and then Emre started talking rapidly, as Aziz knew he would.

Emre was saying, this is not what you think it is, I am just staying here until things cool off. Then he tried to say it was just a one time thing with Acya' and he is faithful to Leyla and has been since their marriage. He would never be unfaithful, and disrespect his wife and children that way. He went on and on for about ten minutes, until Aziz raised his hand to stop him.

Aziz said, "In the last ten minutes you have not told us the truth, not once. Do you think we found your address, of the apartment you have had for four years, without more details? We know that you have brought women here at least once or twice a week since before your marriage. We know you had women over while your wife was in the hospital after childbirth. If we had known these facts then, we would have stopped you. I would have had you divorce sweet Leyla years ago, before you hurt her so badly."

Emre turned to Can and said snidely, "Do you want to put your two cents worth in, or are you looking around for a place to cheat on Sanem? I know you used to play around, so don't act so innocent."

When Emre got up off the floor where Can had hit him with his fist, Can said, "Do not disrespect my marriage. I may have been a playboy in my single days, but that is in the past. Cheating is a choice and my choice is not to cheat. No excuse you can give will make up for what you have done to your family."

Emre said, "Well this is my life and I will do what I want."

Aziz replied, "Well the first thing is that you are fired from the company. I will leave your shares for now until I see how you treat your wife and children. You will be going to a Doctor for a complete physical to see if you have picked up any diseases, and you will have a mental health check-up. I have already instructed Metin to put the house, bank account, and car in Leyla's name, it will be up to her if she forgives you and allows you to live with your family again."