CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

The next few days the Istanbul Newspapers had many articles about Yigit and Polen. Their harassment of Sanem, Can, and their children was newsworthy because of the cruelty. However, as Yigit has made so many claims of his control of the legal system in Istanbul, this triggered a major investigation of the system. Sanem and Can did not like that they were the topic of so many news articles, but they protected their privacy as much as they could. They did want justice and fairness in the legal system.

In the prison where Polen is incarcerated, newspapers were not available for the inmates to read

In the prison where Polen is incarcerated, newspapers were not available for the inmates to read. Some of the women prisoners overheard the guards talking about the articles and Polen. None of them liked Polen, as she had a superior attitude and was condescending toward the other prisoners. She was in for attempted murder, so they felt like she was no better than they were, in fact she was worse than most of them. They were not hardened criminals; some of them were in for minor offenses, they just could not afford attorneys. Polen was always getting special treatment from the guards. She had a private cell, and personal bathroom. 

 While everyone else had to have a roommate and had to use an open toilet in their cell, she had been allowed to have a computer, TV, and personal items in her cell

When her fellow inmates found out she was involved in having her brother's attempt to kill or harm a set of newborn triplets, they were furious. They started making a plan to get even with her, very soon. They did not want to hurt her physically, but they made a plan to scare her and have the officials think she is crazy. Then she would be transferred to a more secure and stricter facility.

Polen began finding bugs and insects, that the inmates picked up during their time outside, in her food, her bed, her clothing, and her cell. When she would complain or scream, someone would remove the insects, and the guards could not find anything.

The inmates began hiding some of her things, such as books or clothing and when she reported the items stolen, they would suddenly reappear when guards would come to check. Polen would become hysterical and scream at the guards.

Before long, Polen was taken for a medical exam, for mental health. When she told the doctor, everything that had been happening and the doctors read the official guard reports, it was recommended that she be transferred to a secure facility for the mentally impaired. She would not be allowed, any outside visitors, and would be locked in a bare hospital room for the rest of her sentence. After they heard the report that Polen was to be moved, the other inmates high-five each other, and were relieved that she was gone.