CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

(THE SONG SHARED ABOVE FROM YOUTUBE, IS  FROM A FAMOUS AMERICAN SINGER, GARTH BROOKS.  I HAVE NO RIGHTS TO THIS SONG.  IT GOES WITH OUR STORY TODAY.)

In the Malhalla, Beria continued to sit most days on her porch. After the nurse would come and she had her chemo meds, she would slowly walk out to her rocking chair and watch Eren. He would either play ball in the yard, sit with her, or go up the street to the Aydin's for schoolwork. She kept thinking about what was going to happen to Eren, she knew the meds were not going to prolong her life, but would allow her just a little more time with her son. He had just turned twelve and they had no other living relatives. She was been debating asking the Aydin's to continue raising him, and she had a little savings left to leave for his care. Both of her parent's had died a few years ago, and she had no siblings.

She had more to think about now since she had had visitors on Sunday. Now she felt obligated to do a little checking on her recent visitors. As she sat on her porch, she started remembering a time before Eren was born.

It was the summer of 2008, her husband had just died in a car accident three weeks before, and she was still mourning his death. At the time, she was thirty-five years old, and not working because they had been trying to have a family. Her parents had retired near Antalya, a sea town not to far from Istanbul. She was planning in a few weeks to move near them, but she was still trying to clear up her husband's business and sell their home.

  She was planning in a few weeks to move near them, but she was still trying to clear up her husband's business and sell their home

One day she had ordered groceries from the local grocery store named Leyla, and meat from the butcher shop. The delivery boy was a handsome teen about seventeen years old. She recognized him as the boy whose parents had died in a car crash about a year before. She knew he took care of his thirteen-year-old sister and that the owners of the grocery store helped keep them out of an orphanage at the time, when their parents died.

  She knew he took care of his thirteen-year-old sister and that the owners of the grocery store helped keep them out of an orphanage at the time, when their parents died

He was a sweet young man, who was very proud of the fact that he had prepared the meat in the butcher shop himself. He told her how Nihat Bey was helping him, and that his Baba had taught him to be a butcher. She asks him if he had time to help her take some curtains down in a spare bedroom, and that she would pay him. He said he would be glad to help, but for no pay. His Baba had taught him not only to be a butcher, but to him others. His name was Osman.