CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Can's Aunt Remide, Aziz's older sister came to town.  She wanted The Agency to upgrade some of her market advertisements.  She adored the Aydin girls and felt their family was lucky to have them.  She spent a lot of time with Leyla and baby Ahu, who was six months old now.   Leyla only worked three days a week, so she could stay home with their daughter most of the time.

   Leyla only worked three days a week, so she could stay home with their daughter most of the time

Aunt Remide wanted Sanem to do most of the work for her account. She told Can that Sanem had more imagination than he did. Can just laughed every time she said it, and agreed with her.

One day Aunt Remide heard Sanem giving a recipe to some of her co-workers for a Turkish delight candy

One day Aunt Remide heard Sanem giving a recipe to some of her co-workers for a Turkish delight candy. While she was telling them how she made the candy, she was giving encouragement to one of the young girls. The girl had said, "I could never make that, you make it look so easy."

Sanem told her, "Of course you can, look at the recipe how easy it is to follow.  When you finish, you will feel so happy because you can share with others.  Nothing in life will make you feel as good as helping others."

Aunt Remide went to Can and said, "I have a wonderful idea for our Sanem.  Let's have her do live broadcast on social media, making some of her recipes.  She is so talented, and she gives such wonderful encouraging words, especially to young women.  She can stand at a counter, put the recipes together, and give encouraging words as she prepares food."

Can replied, "I'm not sure Sanem would like to do that, as she is shy about public speaking. We can ask her and see if she will at least try it once."

When they ask Sanem about doing a live broadcast, she told them no.  After Aunt Remide kept asking, Sanem said, "Okay, but just once to try it, for Aunt Remide."

Can set up a computer to record in their kitchen, and Sanem had prepped some of the ingredients for Turkish delight candies.  She made Can leave the room and not watch her. When the live feed first started Sanem laughingly told her audience, "This is a first and maybe last time I will attempt something like this.  I am only doing this for my husband's Aunt Remide, who has a lot of faith in me."