CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

After CeyCey left, Sanem went and knocked on the guest room door, saying, "Do you want to come help me with the babies and then we will eat?"  Ayhan slowly came down the hall, but Sanem and Can did not ask her anything about what had just happened. Sanem just said, "CeyCey said to let him know when he could come visit." Ayhan just nodded her head, and said, "Okay." Sanem and Can just looked at each other sadly, because they knew the road to love is sometimes hard. They would only be able to be supportive of CeyCey and Ahyan, and not interfere.

Over the next week, Sanem and Ayhan had a wonderful time just being with each other. They had a great routine of taking care of the babies, and then taking them out around Istanbul in the afternoons. The babies easily took naps in their stroller buggy, and made it easier for Sanem and Ayhan to visit their old neighborhood and other friends. 

 They walked for miles while the babies slept

 They walked for miles while the babies slept. Most evenings after baths and feedings, the babies slept for several hours while the three adults enjoyed their meals and time together.

On a Monday night Leyla phoned Sanem and ask her if Ahu could come visit on Tuesday. She said that Ahu had been giving her a fit that she had not gotten to come visit for a while. Sanem had already talked with Ayhan about Ahu visiting.  Ayhan had told Sanem that children were innocent and she was looking forward to meeting Ahu. Sanem told Leyla that Tuesday was a perfect day for a visit, as they had no plans to go anywhere all day.

The next morning Leyla brought Ahu over early in the morning before work. Ayhan came forward saying hi, gave Leyla a hug, and ask her how she is doing. Ahu spoke up and said, "My Anne throws up every morning and night, because of my new brother." Leyla laughed and said, "Well, for Ahu, we really hope it is a boy."

After Leyla left, Ahu and Ayhan stood looking at each other. Ahu said, "My Teyze Sanem said you are her best friend. Are you my friend?" Ayhan held her hand out and said, "I pinky promise that you are my friend, too." They did a pinky promise handshake and Ahu ran off to see the babies and the animals.

Ayhan turned to Sanem laughing and said, "Poor Leyla, she had a little girl just like you

Ayhan turned to Sanem laughing and said, "Poor Leyla, she had a little girl just like you. I bet that drives her crazy, the only difference is she is blond. She even talks just like you, and she is so young." Sanem laughed and replied, "I know, Can laughs about it all the time. We kept her a lot when she was first born, talked to her a lot, and she started talking early. She has the best personality and loves everyone. She will be two years old in a couple of weeks."