CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

THIS CHAPTER WAS VERY DIFFICULT FOR ME TO WRITE. I DON'T KNOW WHY I HAD SUCH A HARD TIME, AFTER I HAD DECIDED TO GIVE EREN'S ANNE A TERMINAL ILLNESS. MAYBE IT IS BECAUSE I LOST BOTH OF MY PARENT'S AND MY BROTHER IN THE LAST FIVE YEARS. MY MOTHER HAD A SUDDEN DEATH, SHE WENT IN HER SLEEP, AND WE DID NOT GET TO SAY GOODBYE. 

I SAT AT THE BEDSIDE OF MY BROTHER FOR ABOUT EIGHTEEN HOURS AND HE DIED JUST A COUPLE OF HOURS AFTER I LEFT, MY SISTER WAS WITH HIM. I SAT WITH MY DAD UNTIL THE END, AND TALKED TO MUCH TO HIM. I GUESS THE MEMORIES ARE STILL FRESH.

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE SADNESS IN THIS CHAPTER, BUT I AM ALSO VERY PROUD OF HOW EREN, SANEM, AND CAN HANDLED EVERYTHING. I KNOW THIS STORYLINE IS SUPPOSED TO BE LIGHTHEARTED, BUT REAL LIFE HAPPENS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND ALL OF THE KIND SWEET COMMENTS.  SANDRA

When Can returned to the room, he just shook his head, when Sanem looked at him. He pulled a chair over and sat on the other side of Eren. He put his hand on Eren's shoulder and the three of them just sat there quietly for a little while. Eren turned to Can and asks, "What did the doctor say?" Can replied sadly, "I am so sorry Eren, the doctor doesn't think there is much hope. He is giving her pain meds and IV fluids to make her comfortable."

Eren started crying and leaned closer to Sanem. She held him as he cried, with her tears falling. Eren finally raised his head and said, "You need to go check on the babies, I will be okay alone." Sanem shook her head saying, "My Anne and Baba have everything under control and everything the babies will need for tonight. We do not need to go anywhere until morning. Is it okay if we sit here with you?"

Eren just squeezed her hand tightly and nodded his head 'yes'. He patted Can's hand that was on his shoulder and said, "Thank you. I am really kind of scared, but if you needed to leave, I would be okay."

"

After about an hour of the three of them sitting there, with Sanem and Can encouraging Eren to talk to his Anne and hold her hand. Can said, "Eren, let's step out for a few minutes, go to the bathroom and then get you a snack and drink.  Sanem will sit here with your Anne, until we get back, then she can take a break, too."

Eren looked at Sanem and she just nodded 'yes.' Can and Eren left the room, and Sanem moved to Eren's chair, to be closer to Beria. As they had sat there, Sanem had a feeling that she should do something. Not ever having been around someone dying before, she was not sure what to do. In her purse was her book that her Babaanne had given her many years before. She kept it with her at all times, but had not needed to use her special talents as much lately. Her children were keeping her busy, and she was not around people trying to harm them anymore.

As she opened the book, all she saw was a sentence saying touch and talking are very important. She thought, okay I will talk to her and hold her arm, maybe even massage her arm gently, sending her energy and peace. She remembered a time when she had done that to a bird and it flew away. She knew she could not heal Beria, or change her destiny. Maybe she was supposed to help her be more comfortable. She rubbed her rose quartz pendant for calmness.