|34.34|

-

-

"Yungguk-ah, Is Taemin hyung awake yet?" You ask the boy who was stood at the top of the steps, phone in one hand and the pink cooky plushie in the other.

"No"

"Ah, okay." You nod, going back over to the couch and flopping on it. Pulling out your phone and dialing up Taehyungs number.

After a few more rings your bestfriend was answering with his deep, playful, rasped voice, "Hello? Y/nie?"

"Tae tae, hi" You speak. You go and play with the strings on your shorts as you wait for his response and to hear the end of the shuffling on the other end of the phone.

"Hi baby, how are you?"

"I'm fine, you? How's Itaewon?" Your eyes dart over to the television seeing some ad of a dental care place down in Seoul.

"It's going okay, I've been job searching, Ive stayed at home helping with Yoonmi since I haven't found one yet." Taehyung huffs quietly before he was speaking again, "But most importantly missing my bestfriend."

You could just imagine the sad pout on Taehyungs face and you were happy you hadn't facetimed him because if you did it would just be a pouting event going on.

"I miss you too Taehyungie." You nearly whine in the speaker, now plucking the end of your shorts.

"I'm serious though, it's only been like, what two days or so? and I already miss you."

"It's only been two days?" You ask, quite surprised. You go to massage the end of your knee and hum when you're doing justice.

"Yes it has, what are we gonna do if we try to live all adulty when we've been together most of our life's."

"I don't know." You frown. "But! once — or if I move to Seoul we won't be that far apart!" You try and bring up the mood as you could just imagine yourself hopping on the subway and getting to taehyungs house in a flat 20 minutes.

"Yes!" He responds back, in a even more happier tone. "I'd order ubers everyday and me and Yoonmi would be coming to have a picnic! Or a guys night out with Namjoon and Jim-" Taehyung stops, his mouth in a o typed shape as he feels guilt wash over him.

You notice and quickly try your best to blow it over. "Tae tae hyung it's okay!, you made a mistake." Letting out a small chuckle you hope that it passes by Taehyung.

"Yeah, aish, i'm sorry babe," He starts.

"It's fine tae." You smile. You're interrupted by heavy feet coming down the stairs and you look up to see a smiley, just woke up Taemin staring down at you.

"Actually Taehyungie, could I call you back?"

"I'm so sorry! i didn't mean to-"

"No Taehyung!" You giggle. "I just have a guest and I wanted to speak with him, Could I call you back?"

Taehyung opens his mouth, closes it, and opens it again. "Ugh, Yeah sure of course, call me back later." He says. You exchange your love yous and good byes and Taehyung was off the phone. Which lead you to looking at Taemin who was now sat across from you.

"Was I asleep for that long?"

You look at your time and back up at Taemin nodding his head. "Yeah, I could see why though. A 16 hour flight is a lot."

Taemin gave a half smile, yawned and sat further into the couch. "Thanks for letting me stay here. You know, and all that jazz." He blings his bright his smile over to you.

"It's nothing hyung really." You frown playfully. "It's not like we got to have sleepovers or stay over eachother back in highschool."

"Yeah, we didn't do much, did we?" Taemin let's out a laugh, his eyes lighting at the remembrance of you both.

"Nope."

The air had become awkward, but not that crippling awkward, more like a comfortable awkward. "Have you talked to your boyfriend since you've been here?"

Taemin looks at you like he was bit surprised you had asked that question, but he still answers nonetheless, "Yes," He nods.

"Ah! I'm proud to see you two are going strong! You're so cute." You scrunch your nose at him and add a smile to your face. You had seen so many videos of Taemin and his boyfriend since the beginning of the year to now, and you were glad he finally settled down. He had a boyfriend nearly every few months, and you were just happy to see the elder happy.

"He's not my boyfriend at the moment through." He glanced up at the ceiling and back to you.

"Oh?"

"Yeah, we're taking a itty bitty break." Taemin let's out a chuckle, shrugging his shoulders in the process. "We're fine tho, we just want to take a break from eachother because we've been fighting a lot and that's nothing good for a relationship that you want to be healthy."

You nod, agreeing.

"So yeah, we decided we'll take a small break, figure some things out and we'll talk to eachother." He fiddled with the dangling earring on his ear as he looked at you.

"Wow that sounds good, and smart." Your eyebrows pinch into eachother as you were thinking. What if you and Jimin had took a break when you had gotten into stupid fights? Even though nothing had come closer to breaking you up till around this year, before, you had at least two petty arguments in the past three years,Would that have helped?

Taemin just nods in agreement and drops his hands to his lap. You both hear Yungguk trailing down the stairs and a facetime call ringing.

"Who are you calling ggukie?"

"Jimin hyung!" He has a big bunny smile on his face, but once the call had went to voicemail and declined it turned into a frown.

"He must be busy ggukie, try calling again later buddy." You look down at the time and back to your brother who lips were turned to the side in dissapointment.

Jimin better answer.

"Okay, I'll call him again later." He frowns, comes over and flops between you two. "What are you doing Taemin hyung?"

"What do you mean?" Taemin asks, yawning yet again.

"You're so close to y/nie hyung. Are you stealing him from me?" Yungguk splurs out. You can't help but to let out a small obnoxious laugh with Taemin joining shortly after — the poor seven year old just sat in between you both, quite confused.