|26.26|

-

unedited -

unedited
-

"Jeon Y/n!"

Your name sounded so faded away. It repeated in your head along with your other thoughts and the hoorays and wishes from the crowd to the side of you.

But the only real things that sounded completely clear replaying in your head was 'Your brother, Jeon Jungkook has passed away.'

Your whole body was shaking, your stomach was churning, and your body was hot as if you were in a sauna.

"Jeon Y/n! Step up to get your dimploma!" The older man said.

Someone behind you nudged you making the phone that was still held to your ear fall onto the hard wooden floor.

You gasp looking around you as if you just got knocked back into reality. Although you were still shaking, you began to walk up the three steps, legs wobbling. You also felt the wetness of your cheeks and you didn't know if it was from the news, the diploma or both.

Taehyung, Namjoon and Yoongi watched you in confusion. They didn't know whether to cheer or to be worried. They didn't know if you were crying for that or something else. Mind you. They didn't know about jungkook just yet.

As you walked closer and closer the man gave you the best white smile he could, knowing you were taking the longest. You finally walked to him and grabbed the diploma. When the photographer began to take the picture of you both you force a small smile on your face and began to walk away to step off the stage.

While walking off you seen a flicker of a golden light to your side. You didn't know if you were hallucinating or not but, sat in the very back was your dad and Jungkook, clapping and smiling at you with the bunny smile that you all carried.

~

As teardrops fell down your cheeks every few seconds you tried your best to stop them as you and your friends walked away from the school.

"Y/n, you've been crying since you got your diploma! I didn't know this hit you that hard!" Namjoon gushed, looking down at you.

You all reached the car and you got in without another word. You didn't want to tell your friends just yet. To not kill the mood, but fuck, your wet cheeks were failing you. You all stuffed in namjoons truck,,You and Jimin crunched in far back, Namjoon and Taehyung in the very front, and Chimin in Yoongi sat in the middle row.

"Come here, why are you still crying?" Jimin pulled you into his embrace and you let out quiet sobs as the music off of Taehyungs phone played over it.

You didn't answer and just resulted in crying more. "I wanted to tell you something, but i'll wait." Jimin mumbled, peppering kisses in the tears that escaped your eyes.

"Is someone crying?" Taehyung turned the music down and turned to look at you both. "Is my music taste that bad?" He asked, slightly offended.

"No, he's uh" Jimin looked down at you. "Still happy? I guess?"

"Is he crying ... because?" Chimin looked behind at Jimin.

"No"

Taehyung squinted his eyes at you, twisting his head not too long after. Later he turned around and turned the music back up. Soulmates knew when the other was hurting and that's exactly why Taehyung felt a twing of pain in chest as he turned back around to face the road.

You guys were at your apartment in no time. The original plan was for all of you to drink, dance and have fun after your graduation. But like always, the plans were cancelled.

Seokjin was standing in your living room, Yungguk and Yoonmi in the other room asleep. The now graduates and the before graduates excluding you was sitting with a confused facial expression.

"Hyung? Have you been crying?"

Seokjin didn't respond, neither did he shake his head or nod. He hadn't even let you know that him and Yungguk would be coming because the last time you heard from him was when he had to break the news to taehyung that he was gonna be unable to make it to the ceremony.

"I don't know if you guys know." He breathed out. "I'm sure y/n wasn't in a position to tell you."

"Hyung?" Taehyung looked at him, with his eyes watery. He and the others around him knew what was coming. "What are you talking about?"

"Jungkook. He passed away. H-he's not here with me, he's n-not here for us and his family anymore." Jin cried, his arms fisted to his side. Seokjin looked away, not wanting to cry anymore and especially not in front of you. He knew you were hurting the most.

You stood to your feet walking over to him, Hearing the sniffs of the older boys around you and you pulled the taller hyung into a warm hug.

"It's okay hyung, let it out." You smile, wiping his tears. "I've been crying all day too" You let out a dry laugh, as you wipe his pink cheeks.

Seokjin nods and lets go of your smaller body. "Yungguk has been a mess, I really hope he feels better."

Poor yungguk. Your baby brother has been through so much shit at the young age he's at. He's went from not meeting his mother or father to having an actual father figure and to now not having one at all.

You know this cycle was now turning around to you. You'd now have to take care of yungguk and of course you had no problem with that. If you had to, which you do. You would. You'd finish raising him into a wonderful young man like jungkook started and the same as he raised you.

This was now a new journey and you hoped all the hurt was gone. You hoped that you had nothing else that someone was keeping from you.

You really truly did.

~

Okay! so i won't say that this is the last 'sad' chapter because i'd be lying and one of my favorite readers in the before chapter reminded me that it's not gonna be😭. but soon it'll be a time skip, and i'll try my best not to rush this situation.

I'd have to remind you guys that i am not a great writer but i am trying my best. So! i love to say that we have a handful of updates left before this book comes to a end.

So please love it and support it like you already do, because i appreciate it sm!
So yeah, i wanted to say that. See you guys 🥺